Asking You Out

You've been good friends with Tom for the longest but haven't seen him a couple of months. Due to his working and your own work schedule. Today he was coming over to pick you up for lunch. For some reason you were very nervous and you never were. Not around him anyway. You thought about it and came to conclusion that you had developed a major crush on your best friend.

Knock. Knock.

You put down the remote and got off the couch to answer the door.

"Y/N. Oh I've missed you so much." Tom says immediately pulling you into a hug.

"I've missed you too Tom." He let you go and he walked to the couch. While you went into the kitchen. Getting a cup and pouring his tea.

"Earl grey?" You said handing him the cup.

"You always knew just how I liked this."

"Yeah well I know you. So how's your crazy life going?" You ask taking a sip of your own tea. You were around him so much you loved the tea just as much as he did. He got you hooked.

"Just that crazy. There are good things about it though so many. How about you? How is everything going with what's his name uhm Todd?"

"Me and Todd broke up a while back. No longer together."

"I'm sorry to hear that love." He told you putting his hand on your knee.

"Don't be it's alright. I'm fine actually." You smiled.

"So where did you want to eat for lunch?"

"I'm not sure. Wherever we go is fine with me though."

Tom's P.O.V

"Y/N I have to talk to you."

"Yeah. What wrong?"

"Well. I know we haven't exactly been in touch like we used to but I think I like you. More than just a friend."

"Oh. I'm glad you said something first because I've honestly been feeling the same way about you. Just didn't want to say anything. Didn't know what would happen."

"Can I take you out on a date?" I said a little faster than I expected. She walked up to me and took my hand.

"I would love to go on a date with you Tom."

"I would like to take you out tonight then. Some place special not just anywhere. I want our first date to be one to remember."

"I'll see you later tonight then. Now get out so I can be a girl and spend forever looking for the perfect dress to wear." She laughed. I always did lover her laugh.

"Okay. Okay." I chuckled. I walked out of her door and to my car. Thinking how lucky I was already. Hoping tonight would be just like I imagined it would be.

~ 7 pm ~

I grabbed the bouquet of red flowers and walked to her door. When it opened I felt my jaw immediately drop.

"You look absolutely beautiful Y/N."

"Thank you I try my best. You look very handsome yourself Tom." She smiled and when she did I just wanted to kiss her.

"Uh. These are for you love."

"They're beautiful let me go get a vase."

Your P.O.V

You put them away and went back to the door.

"You know you could've come in. Didn't have to stand at the door."

"Oh I know but I was alright." You shook your head and laughed. He backed up just enough for you to lock the door. When you got to the car he opened your door and shut it before getting in himself.

"Already feeling good about this night."

"I'm glad." When he got to the restaurant you looked to see it was your favorite.

"Oh definitely off to the best start."

~

"So your mom and dad how are they doing?"

"Pretty good. I haven't actually seen them for a couple months with work and all. But we do Skype. I also make sure to call them everyday."

"That's sweet of you."

"My moms been asking about you actually."

"Really? I think ours mom have something planned. When I called mine the other day she told she had just got off with yours."

"I wonder what if anything."

"You know I do too."

~

"Well thank you for tonight. I really had fun."

"I'm glad you do that's what I was hoping for." Before either of you could say anything else Tom pulled you close to him by your waist and kissed your lips. Soft but passionate. Then you pulled away.

"I'm sorry was that too soon?" He asked looking a little panicked.

"No no it was great. Actually better. You're an amazing kisser."

"I say the same for you. Okay I'll get going and I'll see you soon."

"Yeah."

"Goodnight Y/N."

"Goodnight Tom." He kissed you again quickly this time and left. You went inside after shutting the door you went up and got changed into your pjs thinking about the night you just had.