The Vampire Hunter

The storm had just made itself known. Thunder crashed, lightening flashed. No one even dared to open their doors. Out on the road, a boy laid on the gravel, blood staining his white shirt. To the pathetic human eye, you would think he had been shot, but to the vampire eye, you could see a bite mark, surrounded by blood and venom. The boy opened his mouth as if to scream but nothing came out. I could hear his heart beating hard and fast. It was as if I could see the venom coursing through his veins. I knew how it felt. I shuddered at the memory of my turning and promptly shook it away. I should kill him, but I just couldn’t. His back arched as the venom hit his heart. I was a few feet away from the boy. I studied his features. The way his golden skin was still golden even in the night. The way his chestnut brown hair was tousled. I could see the highlights in his hair even in the darkness. Of course, my vampire eyes could see miles in the darkness. He looked gorgeous. I imagined he went for runs along the beach. His body was lean and long. I watched as his body went limp. I heard a slight rustle in the trees. My body stiffened and went into a crouch. My lips curled up into an aggressive snarl at my attacker. Blake Night walked out of the trees with his hands held up in a sort of surrender. His shaggy black hair was getting into his eyes. His amber gold eyes were staring at the boy.  “God April. What did you do?” He sounded horrified, his eyes wide as he stared at the boy writhing in pain. “It wasn’t me, Blake! I found him like this! I swear.” I told him. It was true. I had found the boy there. It had been a test on my abilities to not drink him dry. But, we all have our stories and mines about to begin.