Chapter 1

"STOOLFIRE WHAT IN THE GODS' NAME IS THAT!" Elisis yelled pointing at a bloody head of some ,rather large, scaly creature. "It's a dragon's head" Stolfire calmly, with a bit of questioning in her voice, explained "have you really never seen one, they are quite popular on the market nowadays." "Well obviously I've seen one "Elisis quickly said in a rather snarky voice "I just haven't seen one of that..." she paused for a moment "Caliber?" "What do you mean by 'caliber'?" Stolfire asked "I don't know.... Size I guess." As Elisis said this, the dark oak door in the front of the room swung open. They both were petrified with fear.

As the door swung open a sudden thick breeze overcame the room. "Hello?" Elisis scaredly said, expecting the worst possible output. All of a sudden a man with a light cover of leather armor entered the room. Then he spoke "You can answer that can't you, Elisis?" Instantly both Elisis and Stolfire recognized his voice "Ahhhh... so I see you've returned from your hunting raid in the Hinterlands." Said a much more relaxed Elisis "Flame." "Yes I have" said The man she called Flame "But you should don't to give me those ridiculous nicknames, call me by my full title." "Alright, alright 'Etherial Flame' I just wanted to shorten it a little you don't have to sound so offended..." " You know why I only want to be called by that full title." " Yeah,yeah, the family oath and all that, I know." "If you know then don't let it happen again." Etherial flame had a slight twinge of anger in his voice when he said this, then he walked out of the room into another room with a very odd, oval shaped door. "Now look what you did, you made him go to the shrine again." Said Stolfire. "I didn't mean to offend him I just wanted to shorten his name, is that really too much to ask" Elisis exclaimed sounding slightly sorry. "You know he's sensitive to that kind of think especially ever since..." Stolfire's voice trailed off. "Yeah I know."