The Golden City

This chapter is dedicated to ColleenDurnin  Here is chapter two of my Loki Fan Fiction. I have determined that the FIRST comment on each chapter will have the next chapter dedicated to them!! I hope this encourages reading my story! Chapter three will hopefully be up tomorrow.

I felt all comfort and power leave my body as the world began spinning around us and I wanted to let go of Thor's arm just to have control of simple body procedures like breathing. I felt as if I was choking when a bright light illuminated around us and seemed to shoot us across time and space. I remembered watching every episode of Doctor Who as a teenager and desperately wished Thor had found a police box to transport us to Asgard rather than whatever this horrible feeling was, after all that's how River and the Doctor did it.

I felt my feet remain flat, as if I was still standing firmly on the ground, however, nothing but skies, space, and emptiness surrounded Thor and I as we cut through the fabrics of the universe. My grip tightened and I could have sworn that I heard that familiar howl of amusement that escapes his chest when he enjoys something more than life itself. I clenched my eyes tight, trying not to think about the fact that if something were to go wrong, I would instantly die and my body would be scattered throughout whatever empty mass we were traveling through.

I opened my eyes as the spinning seemed to slow, and I watched an entire world materialize before me. I was in a gold sphere that reminded me of a globe except thousands of times bigger than a cardboard model of Earth. A tall, dark man with glowing eyes of liquid gold  stood in front of us on some sort of pedestal.

"HEIMDALL!" Thor yelled, his greeting sounded more urgent then 'hi how are you?' type of greeting.

"Your father awaits you," Heimdall said smoothly. His voice was warm and inviting yet his posture makes him seem unapproachable.

"And what of my mother and brother?" Thor's urgency turned to haste as he slurred the words in his Asgardian accent.

"Them too. Your father asked you to bring back a mortal," Heimdall stated, "is this what he had in mind?" I felt those liquid gold eyes fall on me and they were as hot as being burned by molten lava.

"This is the one," Thor assured him,  "Anastasia of Earth."

"Again with the announcement of my name. Just, Anastasia," I begged him.

"Greetings, Anastasia Vandal. I would welcome you a pleasant stay, but I feel as if that may be more improbable than you coming here in the first place." Heimdall was a sassy gatekeeper and was slowly creeping up my list of unlikable people. 

"I didn't tell you my full name; neither did loud mouth over here," I protested with a narrowed glare.

"I know all and monitor employees of S.H.I.E.L.D on request of the one you call 'loud mouth'." I laughed at his comment, which in hindsight was probably an inappropriate thing to do, but I couldn't help it. Asgardians cracking jokes with serious expression was too funny to pass up.

"She is questionable," Heimdall stated and my laughter turned into a scowl. I hate when people doubt me, but that simple fact had never been enough for them to stop.

"She is short and thin and her waist is small for the size of her bosom and buttocks-"

"THOR!" I interjected while punching his arm.

"But she is smart and kind and eager to work," he finished on a somewhat high note.

"She is cunning and sneaky, which are not qualities someone properly equipped for this task would have," Heimdall said and then motioned for us to leave. Thor began hurrying along the most intriguing and beautiful bridge I had ever seen. It was as transparent as glass but colored more intricately than the stained glass works found in churches of Midgard. When our feet touched the bridge, the glass changed color and rippled around the pressure applied by each foot. I was too distracted from the bridge to realize Thor was waiting for me, so I quickened my pace into a jog to catch up to where he stood. He glanced down at me as I approached, and then demanded I take hold of his arm again. More reluctantly than I had the first time, I followed his instructions and he instantly swung his hammer around his wrist until we were in the sky, hurtling toward the city. My eyes instinctively shut and I clung to his arm, terrified from the fear of falling.