Friends with the Gamer -Ben Drowned-

* Hi :D! If you are looking for a book with perfect writing, you are in the wrong place. I'll admit there will be grammar and spelling mistakes... A lot. Anyway if you are still reading this, this for you and your waffles ---> :D :D :D ( Triple extreme smiling faces XD) enjoy~

Chapter 1

On the outter side of my dad's thin car window was a new world. The city I was once grew up since I was a little girl was replaced by a wooded theme. There weren't any skyscrapers, no traccfic, it was quiet. Too quite for me, looking away from the window, I faced my dad with a smile tugging at his lips.

"So..." He began tapping on the wheel with his index finger, repeating a tick-tock beat. It always been awkward at the beginning of our conversations but then develops into deep talking. Thinking, I want to ask him, out of all the places where we can move, why this town?

Why move in March to a new state?

"Why do we have live here? Why not another city where doesn't look like a ghost town? Can't we wait till my freshman year is over?" I fire questions, narrowing my brows.

'Your so stubborn, Carter, even your own dad thinks so!' My mind screamed, making me winced. I have been called subborn before...

Dad sighs, he shifted his eyeglasses a bit, still keeping his eyes on the road but had his attention on me.

"You know Carter, you're starting high school tomorrow, and I thought it was the best choice to put in a new school while I have better job."He grinned.

Of course, because he thought was best choice and didn't ask me. But he earns more money to support us though... But then again.

"I was happy back in New York, where my friends are, it sucks to be the new girl." I crossed my arms in front of my chest, I turned my body so I faced the window again. Dad sigh (once again) before patting my back.

"You'll make friends, I promise."

~At Bennet's new house~

"Is this the last one?" I called out from the entrance of this home with a box of kitchen supplies in my arms.

"Yes, placed them with the others on the dinning table!" He shouted all the way from the upstairs hallway. Every step I took, the box seems heavier and my arms were partially shaking. I need to workout more often. Finally placing the cardboard box on the wooden table, I turned around back to first step of stairs. Looking up, the red painted walls had paintings that we don't own, pictures of royal-looking people with their eyes starring right back at you. This place will definitely give anyone the creeps.

"Car, come check out your room" Dad's voice boomed, making jump onto the first step, creating a sound like a wooden blank rubbing agasint it another one, perfect to wake me up in the middle of night if dad decides to sleep walk again. Shaking off the thoughts, I rushed to go my dad, as I did, he was standing in front of room. I peeked my head at the door frame, seeing my room exactly looking like from New York except for the creamed colored walls.

Seems acceptable. This was it, it's a offical I live in this home, starring tomorrow I am going to a new school. I heard Dad mumbled a little to loud to make me snap out of my thoughts.

"What was that?" I asked, my dad stared at my bedroom window, I walked over next to him, seeing through the thick fog was mail truck stopping at out house and placing something in the mailbox. Mail already at this time of night? It was already 10, I looked up, my dad had a suspicious face, making me clueless.

"I'll go get." I spoke softly, before he answered I was already out of the room. Anyways I need some air, putting on my sneakers and slipping into my blue hoody, I stepped outside door. The cool Michigan wind below into my face, but making me chilly as well. Squinting my eyes through the fog, I made my way to the mailbox, grabbed the box, it was quite heavy, I shook it. There is something inside.

Dad stood at door, waiting for me, from the lights inside the house, it was clearier for me to see. Warm air encircles my body as Dad closed the door. We both walked to the kitchen as I placed on the table and scanned for the address, who sent it and who was it for. Probably for my dad, as usually. Finally I spot the tag and there was no address or no name. But there was thing written...

My name

*I'll Probably update later or write more on this chapter*