Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Chills travel down my spine, my body shook a bit. I glanced at Dad, seeing he had his brow raised. His eyes gave me the sign to open it. My finger traced the side before reaching a pocket knife next to the box, I gripped onto and ripped the duct tape between the flaps. It made the ripping noise as I finished, the left flap raised a bit. Opening the box, to my surprise there was a note in, I took it out and read it.

Dear Carter,

It's me, Alex, your long distant cousin! I heard you moved in Michigan and I sent a ' congrats on the new house' gift. Hope you're into video games, enjoy.

Alex

I have a long distant cousin?

"Who's Alex?" I faced my dumbfounded father, he took the note into his hands as he read it twice, he shrugged his shoulders as he placed on the table.

" I don't have any newphews named Alex, probably from your mother's side." He replied with tint of sadness in his voice.

I miss my beautiful mother...

Sighing, I to a look what's inside, seeing there was a video game system and a cartridge next to it with no label at the front. I wasn't the video game type... Dad took out the game system now realizing it was a Nintendo64, his eyes lite up.

" When I was in my senior year in collage, my roommate had this and we played on it all the time."

Wow, this system is so old! Not try to be offensive to my dad, but it's the truth.

"Do you know this game?" I held up the mysterious cartridge in Dad's face, my eyes scanned the back of it, seeing the words 'Majora's Mask' written in the back with some black sharpie. "Majora's Mask? Never heard of it..." I mumbled, feeling my arms getting tried holding it for a long 30 seconds, Dad's face was in the state of 'I think so'. I held the game but pik up box, then I head to the living room, going on my tippy toes I placed it on a shelf as Dad followed me.

Just in case we need this box...

It took my dad to set up the Ninetndo64 at least 10 minutes but now it's done, both of us held a controller in our hands while I placed the cartridge in. The screen was black for a minute, then name of the game popped up. All sudden, Dad arose from the couch, telling me he had to go to bathroom. While he was gone, I try to learn how to use this controller but accident I pressed 'files'. Seeing it was use, the name 'BEN' appeared.

This game was already used, so I wasn't surprised, but Alex chose the name Ben? Probably a friend of his. My mind awoken Me back to reality as my ears picked up a static noise which I though is coming from the TV. One quick look, I saw the logo flicking in the black background. What was going on, just as I was about to scream, Dad came in, that's when it all stopped.

What just happened? The chills once again reached down my spine, I need some rest. I let out a fake yawn, although I am horrible liar, I manage to get out this.

"Sleepy?" Dad grinned, throwing an arm around my shoulder, I nodded, making him chuckle. He walked upstairs to my bedroom door.

"Good night Car, don't let the bed bugs bit" He kissed my forehead, I giggled, he was still treating me as a 6 years old but that's what I love about him. After saying our goodnights, I slipped into my dark room, right away plopping on my bed, snuggling into the soft blue sheets, almost instantly falling into a dreamless sleep but mentally hearing mysterious music, like in a video game.

~

Morning arrived, seeing through the kitchen window, it was a bit cloudy, but Sunny, at least the fog disappeared. I took the last sip of my orange juice and threw my backpack over my shoulder. Because my new school is a quarter of a mile, I didn't have to go on the bus, anyways it's nice to walk. Appearantly I was home alone, since my dad have to left at 6, leaving to me to make breakfast and everything is ok.

Exiting out my house, making it sure that it was lock, I began walking down the cracked sidewalk. After a good two minutes, I heard someone calling after me, I gripped tightly on my backpack handle as my nails began to hurt. I was a horrible shy freak when it comes to meeting new people, gradually I turned around seeing a boy my age running up to me. He was handsome, I'll admit, that dirty blond hair flipped over his forehead, those hazel eyes and his dimples. He also seems rich, telling by his clothing. I glanced down at my brown hair, smiling.

"Hi, I am Jasper" The boy struck out his hands which I took normally so I wouldn't be rude.

"Carter Bennet" I replied, his face lit up, he began walking where I think to the same school and strangely I followed him.

"You are new?" Jasper asked, shoving his hands in his expensive jeans, I nodded my head. All of sudden, he turned around and faced me with a smile plastered on his face.

"May I see your schedule?" Without answering, I digged my hand into my backpack, my finer tip some plastic. Being curious me, I pulled out the object, my eyes widen as I gasp.

The game... Majora's Mask was in the palm of my hands with a note taped to it, saying

'Play me Carter'

Sorry if this chapter was kinda boring, anyways the story now really begins...