"She is proud of her man" she whispered.

Devin gave her a light peck as their attention was drawn to the podium. The music had stopped and a speech was about to be made.

"Ladies and gentlemen, today is a day of celebration" Devin's father spoke on the microphone. His deep voice taking over the hall his dominant male aura evident in his posture. He was a symbol of strength and wealth. She could understand why Devin wanted to please him.

"My son has done me proud. He has worked tirelessly, brought new ideas, and contributed to the success of my company. A company that I started more than fifty years ago. When you get old you hope for someone to fill your shoes and continue building your legacy, my son has fit these shoes perfectly. As he goes away for his training course may he shine. Let us raise our glasses in honor of Devin Kitet, soon to be CEO of Kitet oil company"

He walked to where his father was and shook his hand before taking the microphone to give a short thank you speech.

Sidney had never seen him so happy in his life. Her hand moved to caress her tummy she hoped Devin will also be a good father to their child. Guests moved around Devin to congratulate him, Sidney left him for a moment and went to see her friends.

*******************************************************************************************

After several congratulations and celebrating a few hours later people began to leave and soon the grand hall was empty. His parents had retired to bed. Dina, Tanya and Lavina had left together. The last she had seen of Sean he was talking to one of the guests.

As she strolled outside with Devin she was glad to finally have some alone time with him. The last couple of weeks had been busy for both of them. Devin poured her a glass of wine as they sat by one of the pool chairs overlooking the moons reflection on the calm water. She pushed her glass aside and stared at him.

"I have something to tell you" they both said at the same time.

"You go first" Devin suggested.

"No, you go first after all it is your day" she insisted.

"Lately I have been super busy, but that doesn't mean I love you any less, you are still my number one girl" he knew he had not been giving her much attention lately but that was only because of the few changes in his career.

He held her hands and pulled her closer. He finally felt like her was worthy of her. Actually for the first time in like forever he felt he was doing things right.

"What did you want to tell me" he asked.

She took a deep breath.

"Devin I'm pregnant. No, we are pregnant" she spoke trying to be a little enthusiastic. She was disappointed in the way he hadn't mentioned anything about their engagement night other than the fact he was honored she had said Yes.

He had a blank expression. She wasn't sure what was running through his mind until he laughed. Maybe he was joyous.

"For a minute you almost got me" he scratched his head as he tried to come into reality with the terms.

"I wish it was a joke but I am pregnant" she told him quietly.

"Sid come on now jokes aside. What is it you wanted to tell me?"

She pulled her hands away from his. Irritated by his casual behavior.

"Devin Kitet I am pregnant" she spoke more confidently.

He also moved away from her and got up. He paced about as she sat back in her chair and watched him. This was not the reaction she had hoped for. Until now she was content with carrying his child but this moment made her realize she was not so sure about it.