Untitled Part 1

"Astrid, runfaster!" Acre shouted. I moved my legs as fast as I could toecape that horrible orphanage. I was always the slowest when it cameto running but I knew my life depended on it so I moved faster than Ihad ever moved before. Acre was my only friend at the orphanage, butsometimes it seemed that she didn't want to be my friend at all.Tonight was different than most nights. Most nights we eat an appleand a bowl of porrige then straight to bed. But tonight, a young boyby the name of Bailey Barnabie ran to the door instead of to bed. Heopened the door and everyone ran outside. We were finally free! Ileast I thought I would be forever. Until suddenly, I felt a sharppain in my head and fell on the ground. My head hit a tree and I hadfallen unconcious. . . .

"Wake up!"I heard a voice shout. Then, out of nowhere my cheek stung.

Did someone justslap me?I wondered.

"Isaid wake up!" the voice shouted again. I bolted right up beforebeing slapped a second time to see six people around my age. I lookedat my surroundings: dirt, rocks, and darkness.
We mustbe underground. I thought. Theonly light shining was two torches on each side of the room.

"Well,aren't you going to introduce yourself?" Asked a young boy.

"I-I-" Who wasI? Then,it hit me. "I am Astrid Von Gloon, age ten,"

"Well then, Astrid Loplie, you're one of us now-"

"One of who?" I asked.

"The League of Rouges, I'm Rowan by the way. Are youa fast runner?" Rowan asked me.

"No, I am not a very fast runner at all," Ianswered him. He threw a bow, a quiver of arrows, and a sword at me.

"Then you will hunt, and keep up with us, do youunderstand?" Rowan explained.

"Yes, I understand," I answered as confindentlyas possible.

           "Good," he grinned a mischievious grin and climeda ladder to the surface of the earth while the others followed. Ifollowed after them and for four years I have hunted, and kept upwith the League of Rougues; until this day.