-•-•36•-•-

Emma bit her lip as she held her tray of garbage food from the cafeteria and looked for a place to eat. Dustin nudged her side and she looked at him. He walked to a table and she followed him. He sat down and she sat down across from him, his feet resting on the seat across from him as she sat down at a seat diagonal from him. He looked at her, taking a bit of his ham sandwich. "How old are you?" He asked.

"Thirteen." She poked at the glop of chunky ham.

"Wow. Thirteen and a freshman," Dustin laughed. "Aren't you special."

"Well how old are you?" She crossed her arms, pushing the tray away from her.

"Thirteen but last year I came here for math. That's why my name was carved into the table." He took another bit before gagging and throwing it away at the trash can right by their table.

"What's with this whole Emo look you have going on?" Emma motioned to his whole body.

"Pisses off my parentals," he looked at her tray of food, pointing to the pink ball. "What is that?"

"Ham I think. I hate ham." She shivered at the word.

"Same," he picked up her tray and threw away the food. They walked down the halls to a vending machine. "Wanna see a magic trick?"

"Sure," Emma rolled her eyes. Dustin pulled out a key from his bag, unlocked the door and they grabbed a few things. He locked it and they walked outside and sat on the bleachers. "Why do you have a key?" She ate her knockoff brand potato chips.

"I might or might have not stole it from the principal," he jumped up onto a bench and walked next to Emma, walking like he was balancing. People were staring at them from the football field. "Looks like someone's famous."

"How do you not know they're staring at you?" She asked, looking from them to him.

"I'm never noticed so," he jumped down in front of her, walking backwards with his face inches from hers. "It's you." He turned and walked next to her as they walked back into the school.

After school Dustin walked with his earbuds in. Emma ran and grabbed his shoulders, jumping to high and over him. He took out one earbud and looked at her as she landed with a roll. "How'd you do that?" He chuckled as she stood up and walked next to him.

"May or may not have been raised by criminals for a portion of my life," she booped his nose and Dustin laughed as they continued to walk. "What're you listening to?"

He handed her his earbud and she listened to the song. Youth by Daughters. She smiled. "You heard it?"

"Yeah! Have you heard Fractures by Illenium?" Dustin nodded. "Isn't good?"

"Yeah," Dustin laughed as a police cruiser pulled up next to the two. Dustin two finger saluted the officer who got out. "Hey Plagg!" He called as they continued to walk.

Emma held her hand to her face as Plagg walked after them. "It's Officer Kwami-"

"Got it Plagg." Dustin and Emma continued to walk down the street as he followed.

"How do you know him?" Emma asked, trying to ignore the older.

"May or may have not been in jail already," Dustin shrugged his shoulders. "How do you know him?"

"He may or may not be my parental." Emma sighed as Plagg glared at her.

"Well, later Ems."

"Bye Dustin!" Emma called as he walked down the street. She walked to Plagg and he crossed his arms.

"Don't hang out with that boy Emma. He's bad news."

"So were my parents." Emma walked down the street to the police car and got in.