Jazmine searched the forest, eyes trailing over her brother's and sister and frowned when she failed to locate Paul.

"Seth, Jaz, let's go," Sam ordered and Jazmine watched Seth step around the newlyweds and follow Sam into the forest. Jazmine thought about following them, she knew someone would get Billy home and she could help her pack deal with Jacob but she was exhausted with being the support of the pack.

"Jaz, you're father requires your assistance getting inside to the bathrooms." Edward supplied Jazmine with an excuse and she took the ends of her dress back into her hand before nodding at Sam and turning her back on the whole scene.

////

Jazmine pulled her brother's car up to her house and paused in waiting. Paul's truck was parked in the drive but that meant nothing. He usually left it there, choosing to move around in wolf form.

Jazmine climbed out of the car, heels in hand. She could hear a heartbeat and soft breaths of what could only be Paul asleep. Jazmine felt her knees go weak at the thought of finally getting to climb into bed beside Paul and just sleep without worrying about everything.

She climbed the porch steps and pushed the front door which was unlocked. She located the source of the breathing and made her way into the living room only to feel her heart break in two.

Jacob was curled up, seemingly trying to get as small as possible, on the sofa, a photo of him and Jazmine in his hand.

She moved to sit on the edge of the sofa, carding her fingers through his hair. He sniffed and blinked his eyes open slowly, giving Jazmine a tired smile.

"Hey, hope you don't mind me crashing here. I was gonna ask Paul but I couldn't get a hold of him after I calmed down." Jacob explained and Jazmine offered him a watery smile.

"He's probably at his mom's. Spends a lot of time there since Mojag left." Jazmine told Jacob who frowned at her wording.

"Left? Jaz, he died. He's not coming back this time." Jacob reminded her and she huffed out a bitter laugh.

"He left Jake, permanently. He wanted to die a hero so he knew that what he did would ensure pity. I won't mourn him, Jake." Jazmine explained and Jacob frowned.

"You sound sort of bitter Jaz, that's supposed to be my thing." Jacob was joking but his frown hinted at seriousness.

"Yeah well while you've been gone I stepped up to take your place. Don't you know I have nothing else going for me right now?" Jazmine asked and she shook her head at her own behavior.

"What's wrong? Talk to me, Jaz." Jacob took his sister's hand, sitting up on the sofa.

"It's nothing a good unbreakable bond won't magically fix." Jazmine laughed bitterly again and Jacob's frown only deepened. Jazmine wiped at her eyes which betrayed her true emotions when they filled with tears.

"Hey." Jacob pulled her into a hug before wiping away her tears. "It's you and me against the world, you know that. Now, tell me."

"Mojag left a letter. He blamed me for making him feel crazy and refusing to let him get back to his family." Jazmine told Jacob who furrowed his eyebrows.

"They know that's bullshit, right? He was a sick son of a bitch who used to beat Joy and Paul." Jacob said and Jazmine smiled grimly.

"They seem to have forgotten that in wake of his untimely death. But since I'm not dead it's easier to pin the blame on me." Jazmine told him and he frowned.

"So everyone has just forgotten he nearly killed you?" Jacob asked, hands shaking slightly.

"No one has forgotten. No wolf or council member attended the funeral." Jazmine told him and Jacob's jaw dropped.