Chapter 1

[Ember's POV]
Today was just like any other day; filled with permanently imprinting people's bodies with colour. I loved my job. I was a world class tattoo artist. I've done them for people like Justin Bieber, Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson and Katy Perry. They were just a few people I've done. I have tattoos too. I have two full sleeves of black and white tattoos. No other colour. No red. No blue. No yellow. No green. No pink. No purple. Nothing but black and white.

The sound of my shop's bell ringing ripped me out of the act of thinking about my life story. I turned around on my chair and saw a guy stood there.

"Hey I'm Ember. Welcome to Black Ink. How can I help you?" I asked him.

"Hey I'm Calum. I booked an appointment last week." He said.

"Is it Calum Hood?" I asked looking through the appointment book.

"Yeah. I'm getting the date 2012 in Roman numerals." He said.

"Oh. Well just sit on that black chair and I'll be over in a minute." I said as I gathered my black ink and drawing of the date. I walked over to him and sterilised the area. I then traced the design onto him and prepared the gun.

"Just saying, this might hurt a little more than usual because it's so close to bone." I said.

"Okay." He said.

The room was filled with a comfortable silence as I inked the date onto his skin.

"And I'm done." I said.

"Cool. How much is it?" He asked.

"Well if you tell me a secret about your past life it's on the house." I smirked at him.

"I'll tell you if you tell me the meaning behind one of your tattoos." He smirked back.

"I asked first so you answer first." I said.

"Ugh fine." He jokingly groaned. "I was bullied for three years by my now band mates/ best friends." He said.

"I was bullied too. Now which ink do you want to know about?" I asked him.

"That one." He said and pointed to the two skeletons hugging each other.

"Ah. My first ink. It means that everyone is equal and deserve the same rights. No matter whether you are black, white, mixed race, Asian, gay, straight, bi, trans, gender fluid. We all deserve the same treatment and the same rights as anyone else." I explained to him.

"That's deep." He said in aw.

"Here's my number. You seem like a cool guy." I said and handed him a slip of paper.

"Here's mine. You seem like a cool girl." He said mimicking my actions. I laughed and waved as he left the shop.

"What a weird guy." I laughed to myself as I closed up the shop. I locked the doors and put the keys in my leather jacket's pocket. I grabbed my motorcycle's keys and walked over to it. I hopped on and put on my black helmet. I rode it home and parked it in the garage space reserved for me by me. I put my keys on the hook, took of my jacket, put my helmet away and walked into the house.

"JACK! BEN!" I yelled as I saw two of my three siblings.

"EMBER!" They yelled.

I ran towards them and pulled them into one of my bone crushing hugs.

"I missed you so much." I said as we pulled away.

"We missed you too Em. Where is Lucifer?" They asked.

I chuckled at my twin's nickname and shrugged. "I don't know. Guess who I saw today." I said.

"Who? Was it Taylor Swift? If it was set me up please." Ben said.

"First, Ben you have a girlfriend. Second, it wasn't Taylor. It was Calum." I said.

"Wait. Calum as in Calum Hood. Calum as in Luke's best friend. Calum as in Cal-Pal. Calum as in long lost Calum who moved away?" Jack asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Well little flame. We need to find Lucifer." Ben said.

"ITS LUKE!" A voice yelled as he walked through the door.

"LITTLE FIRE!" He shouted as he saw me and began running towards me. He picked me up and spun me around.

"LUKE ROBERT HEMMINGS! PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW OR THIS LITTLE FIRE WILL BURN YOU TO THE GROUND!" I shouted as I repeatedly hit his back.

"Okay just don't touch penguin." He said as he put me down.

"I couldn't hurt penguin. He is my best friend too. You forgot that I'm your twin." I said.

"No I couldn't forget. Oh by the way, my band are coming round tomorrow for practice." He said.

Shit. Calum is his band mate. Calum is my old best friend who doesn't remember me. The other two do just not him. Fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK! I better be prepared. I need to pick an outfit. I ran upstairs to my room to pick an outfit for tomorrow's events. I decided on a black theme. Today was white so tomorrow is black. This is what I picked.

I took off today's clothes and put on my white pyjamas

I took off today's clothes and put on my white pyjamas. I put on my brother's song he recorded just for us and sang the song as quiet as I could. I eventually fell asleep on my grey bedsheets thinking about the different possibilities of the way tomorrow would plan out. I have a work shift two while three so that is one hour less of Calum I have to deal with. I soon drifted out of these thoughts and into dream land where I dreamt about my past.