Prologue

I've had this idea in the works for like a whole 24 hours... hope you like it....
------------

"Ok, so I have an idea, and I'm not sure what you guys will think about it...."

The whole group seems slightly amused. Proclamations like these weren't rare coming from Princess Lonnie. It seemed like she had something new to share almost every week.

"Come on guys this one is different... just let me explain!" Lonnie said when she saw the groups reactions.

The group was made up of the people in the world she was closest to. For starters, there was her parents, King Jacob and Queen Veronica. Next, there were Lonnie's two closest friends, Jesse and Penelope. They didn't actually live in the palace, though with the amount of time they spent there, it sure seemed like they did. And lastly, was her brother Daniel, or Danny as she called him.

"Ok, ok, just say it already," Jesse said with a laugh.

Lonnie smiled and got ready to give her prepared speech. "So, I was reading a history book, and I came upon a chapter about something called a selection. A while back, here in Illéa, they would hold a sort of competition. Thirty-five girls would come to the palace and get to know the prince at the time. The winner married him." she started.

"I don't know what your proposing, but I know what you're referring to. The selection was quite controversial in its times. It caused almost as many problems as it solved," Queen Veronica stated. She saw where this was going and wasn't quite sure about it.

"I know, I know. I'm suggesting we hold a modified selection. It will be small and much more organized and thought out than the old ones. You guys have seven advisors, right?" she said to her parents. They nodded. "Ok, so each advisor picks out a guy. Someone who'd be an 'eligible suitor' for a princess. Someone who the country and I will like. Penelope, Jesse, you can pick a guy as well just for the fun of it. They have to be interesting and they have to be at least a bit likable. Then, they come stay at the palace. If I fall in love, great. If I don't, we'll call it off. What could go wrong?" she finished with a smile.

The whole group in front of her was speechless. Lonnie smiled, knowing that they wouldn't be able to say no to her. No one could.
-------

Basic Facts: This is a selection. Only 9 selected. They will be male. There is only one princess.