“Is there that many of you... I mean us? That two are needed.”

“No. Some are pack business vehicles and we host the gatherings. So it helps to have extra parking.”

“What are these gatherings?” I sway a little my legs are getting tired from standing.

“How about I get you to the spot I have in mind and then you can start asking more questions.”

“I hope it's not far I don't think I'm going to be able to walk that far.”

“Don't worry that why we have that.” She points to a golf cart like vehicle.

It's not a golf cart. It's look's like a golf cart's big brother that works for a living. It's a inclosed two seat with a five inch deep bed. Why in the hell wood werewolves have cart's like these.

“Why do you have something like this.” I point at the cart. She starts laughing at me.

“Do you really want to run back an forth with groceries and the like. Plus when we want to have a party by the pond we use them to transport everything.” She just smiles and shakes her head at me. My wolf snickers at me. Shut up.

“There's more than one of these thing running around here.” Continuing my I'm not going to use my brain moment.

“Ya we got over fifty of them.” I just stare at her like an idiot. “Wow I think we should have brought you out sooner. Cause your brain has seemed to have shut down.” I narrow my eyes at her.

“Your making fun of me.” Wow you think so Sherlock. Shut it fuzz ball.

“I thought I was being quite nice about it.” She pout's at me.

With her hands clasped behind her back and her lower lip sticking out. Damn she look sexy when she pout's. Her mate isn't going to stand a chance when they find each other. Yes we talked about the whole mate thing while I was stuck in bed. I told her I was relieved we are not mates. She got a little pissed at that. I quickly assured her I would have been thrilled if we were but after she had explained about the bond and everything. I know I'm not ready for something that deep. She calmed down after that.

“Yes you are. Lets go to this spot of yours before I shove my foot farther down my throat.”

I crawl into the cart gingerly. While Rain jumps into the drives seat. The trip takes about fifteen minutes. We pull into a small parking area. When she said pond I though she meant a small fish pond. What is before use is a body of water that is in the gray area between large pond and small lake. The parking area is near where a creek feeds into it. There's a large picnic space, a sand volley ball court, and a nice size play set for children.

“Where do you want to sit?”

I look around. I spot a large oak tree standing by itself near where the creek feed's into the pond. I don't know why but something about the lone oak appeals to me. I point to the large oak.

“Ah the old man. I thought you would like him.”

“The old man?”

“It's what we call it. Doc Franklin says it was old before the pack moved here. Plus on the side facing the pond is a bunch of knots that make what look like an old mans face. Many have come out here to sit under it to ponder there troubles.” The look on her face tells me that she has sat under it for that purpose to.

“Sounds like just the tree for me then. Is there anything you want me to grab?” She shakes her head no. so I start walking out to the tree.

Rain made it out to the tree and back again before I reach it. She propped what looks like the cushion of a out door lounge chair against the tree. She helps me settle down on to the cushion and she opens a lawn chair next to me. We just sit in silence for a half an hour. Just enjoying the sun, fresh breeze and being out of that small room.