Pans_lovely_thoughts : Melt

The winner from my fanfic contest wrote this piece! The winner is @/pans_lovely_thoughts on instagram!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I walked through the busy halls, just a tiny 4'11 high school Junior trying to make my way through the tall crowds of sweaty people. It was after second block and I was to meet my boyfriend Chad by the cafeteria doors. Not the best spot honestly, definitely not the easiest to get to. I stood there looking around, my eyes scanning every corner and eyes they could meet. Until finally I saw him, his icy blue eyes met mine with a ray of illuminating light. "Hey babe." I smiled before wrapping my arms around his neck, standing on the tip of my toes. "Hey, Everest can we talk?" He asked. His eyes full of concern, yet his face wore the gentlest smile you were to ever see. It made you feel warm inside and out, even if that smile wasn't for you or if you didn't care any less about this boy it still made you feel that way.

"Yeah, sure whats wrong?" He pulled my arm gently into a corner. "I didn't want to do this, but" he scratched the back of his neck. "I'm breaking up with you" His face now turned into a look of uneasiness, that smile now long gone. The sunshine in his eyes now replaced with fire, that burned deeply into my soul. "Wh-" I started but he took the words out my mouth. "Why? Because my grades are slipping, and I can't play football if my grades are low. You should understand my decision as an athlete." He gently touched my shoulder. "You're decision as an 'athlete" I mocked, pushing his arm off me. The soft heat that once rolled off his body now came rapidly at me, hitting me all over in a cold shock. "I told you- I offered you to study with me! Every time you would be over at my house or vice versa, all you did was kiss my neck and push the text books away!" I scolded at him, getting a little louder than expected. A few people starred, others just glanced over and walked away. "Look Ever." He tried to grab onto my hand, but I stepped back. Slipping away from his soft touch. "Just leave me alone." I fixed my bag on my shoulder and walked away. I have lunch with him at this time now, but I much rather be else where than be in the same room as him.

I walked through the now cold halls as kids ran to their classes and cleared the halls when the final bell rang. I saw a near by bench and took a seat on it. Starring at the spider plant sitting across from me on the other side of the hall, the bricks that built this place screamed at me.  The glossy floors choked me, and the roof felt like it was going to go crashing down on me, like everything els. I pushed back all tears, I knew I was better than this, than crying over him. I should have listened to people when they warned me about boys like him, now I know what they meant. Chad was a storm that had swept me off my feet, and when he was done, he left me in ruins.

A book came flying at me, just missing my right ear, taking me out of my ocean of thoughts. "I am so sorry!" A voice from a far rang through my head. I looked down at the hard cover of it, gently placing my hand on it as I read the tittle. "Hamlet." I looked up to find a boy towering over me, out of breathe from running to his book that somehow made its way into the empty seat next to me. "You like shakespeare?" I asked. I took the book into my hands and held it for a second before giving it back to him. "Yeah, he's very inspiring." He smile sheepishly. He looked around, stretching his neck back as if he were to look for someone, yet not a single body roamed the halls besides ours. "Can I sit there?" I asked, his voice quivering with question and an uneasy tone. "Yeah sure," I scooted just a bit. "Thanks, my names Tommy." He reached out his hand, and I took it. "Nice to meet you Tommy, I'm Everest, but they call me Ever." I smiled sweetly. "Nice to meet you Ever" He smiled back, something about his smile seemed familiar, yet moved like a stranger. "So Tommy, exactly how did this book come flying at my head, nearly killing me." I cocked a brow. He chuckled while looking down. "Books can't kill you!" He looked back at me. "Well this one clearly almost did."

We laughed to ourselves a bit, "I was running away from my friend, when he smacked by back a little too hard and the book just went flying out my hands, voom! Like Super Man." He looked straight ahead at the spider plant. "I'll be right back, I need to go to the restroom." He said again in that same sheepish tone. "Take you're time" I said brushing my hairs back, I looked down at my lap when I heard faint voices and chuckles, lifting my head up expecting to see Tommy coming back a little too soon. I was a million stars away from that, it was chad and some other girl. He had her by the arm, wasn't long till I saw him place a kiss on her cheek, the same kiss he once placed on mine. I looked down and pretended like I hadn't seen them. Taking Tommy's book in my lap and reading it. Each word sinking into my brain faster and faster, one after another. "Hey, I'm back" Tommy's voice felt like my savior, my light in the dark. "Glad you're back." I said bitterly. "Nice to see you too" He returned the tone. "No not at you- I mean." I closed the book and placed it aside, releasing an annoyed noise from my slightly parted lips. "Are you okay?" He asked. "No." I answered truthfully, his body leaned closer to mine. "Whats wrong?"