Chapter Two

(A/N: Elijah is around the age of three in this scene. Also the photo above is a pic of Elijah)

Elijah's P.O.V.

"Please Viv, for the love of God I'm begging you to take the little brat off my hands for awhile." My mom says in frustration as she roughly pushes me in my aunts direction.

"I'm busy Anna! His waste of space dad isn't working so why don't you ask him?" My aunt asks in annoyance as she steps away from me and picks up her car keys.

"You fucking know that me and Johnny aren't talking right now! As much as I can't stand this brat most of the time, he's still my brat and I don't want him hanging around his loser dad to get his head filled with all the poisonous trash that bastard so frequently spews about me." My mom hisses at aunt Vivian who just laughs.

"You're doing a mighty fine job of fucking up all on your own without the help of that dead beat loser. You're scaring your demon child just perfectly by yourself." Aunt Viv says in bitter amusement as I back away from the both of them in confused fear.

"You're such a bitch! You know I just started working at the Colton estate and it's killing you, isn't it? I get to be around the city's royalty while you rot away in this shitty apartment hiding from your stupid pimp!" My mom shouts in anger that is only mirrored in my aunt.

"You always were a dumb skank! I don't care if you're working there! You're just the goddamn help, cleaning up after those rich snobs isn't something to boast about! You're nothing special Anna! You are nothing but a reckless junkie trying to put on an act!" Aunt Vivian screams in response.

"Fuck you Vivian. Elijah get your damn things, we're leaving." My mom says with her hate filled gaze still trained on her sister.

I rush to get my bag before my mother grabs my arm roughly and heads for the door.

"Mommy, you're h-hurting me." I say tearfully and she glares down at me.

"Shut up! Don't open your damn mouth again. Christ, you make my life so difficult." She snaps as she heads to her car before buckling me up in the backseat.

I try to stay quiet at her callous treatment but I couldn't help the broken sobs that spilt from my trembling frame. She turned up the volume of the radio to drown out my cries as she raced to get to work on time. When we did finally get there I was no longer crying but remained silent so I didn't upset her anymore than she already was.

"When we go inside I don't want you touching anything. Don't speak to anyone and you will stay with me. If you run off I will punish you." She says seriously and I nod quietly.

She sighs with a frown before picking me up and heading towards one of the side entrances of the castle like mansion. The walls were painted a stark white as well as the towering ceilings showcasing the occasional crystal chandeliers or the imposing thick columns that seemed to go on forever. My mom quickly navigated through the spotless, eerily silent halls as though she had lived here all her life. She passes through a small archway that leads to a modest office before stopping.

"Morning Anna, who's this little guy?" A short woman wearing the same uniform as my mother asks.

I burry my face against my mother's neck shyly as she replies.

"This little bundle of joy is my son Elijah. I'm so sorry for carrying him in today but an emergency came up with his father and his baby sitter called in sick and couldn't make it." My mom says in a soft voice I've never heard her use before.

The woman nods in understanding giving me a small wave and warm smile. She gives my mom instructions on her tasks for today before suggesting one more thing.