Reason #2

Reason #2 You get jealous for him

You had confused feelings for Calypso.

Yes, Leo had brought her away from her island. Calypso was free,  but the way she kept latching onto your boyfriend drove you crazy. Not to mention, the way she always denied she was into Leo, but her actions said otherwise.

Those were the parts you deeply hated about her.

But she knew how to talk, make people laugh, and she had a beautiful laugh. If the atmosphere ever got depressing or thick with tension, she knew how to loosen it up and put a ghost of hope in everyone's heart. She was, without a doubt, nice to everyone. Even Percy, who had left her on the island. She was even nice to you, though she knew Leo was your boyfriend and there wasn't any sarcasm in any words or acts of kindness towards you. There were times it felt like a contest, but she was overall a very nice girl.

Those were the parts you admired about her.

Which feeling was stronger? Not even you could tell.

Valentine's Day. You weren't sure when the last time you and Leo had had a decent talk. 

You watch as she latches onto your boyfriend's arm and sends you a sneaky smirk.

Oh Gods, you definitely hated her. Gritting your teeth, you continued eating your breakfast. The food was in a lovey dovey mood. The pancakes were in the shape of a heart.

With your fork, you stab the pancakes on your plate, cutting them in half. Why were you so worked up about Calypso? Was this even a contest? Leo was already your boyfriend. It couldn't of been a contest. Didn't you technically win already? Would Calypso actually steal Leo's heart?

The answer was up to Leo.

Shoving the pancakes in your mouth, you walk out of the mess hall and out to the training grounds before you felt a tap on your shoulder.

It was Piper.

"Valentine's dance on campgrounds, Chiron-approved. Are you coming with Leo?" She asked.

You took the flyer but shook your head.

"I don't think I will." You were about to hand the flyer back when Piper spoke again.

"You will come to the dance." You nod your head and Piper smiles. "Good! See ya there, (Y/N)!"

You blink as soon as she left.

You shrug and go inside your cabin, and stayed there without training. You just needed a little time to think and collect your thoughts. Hopefully, your mind will clear up a bit.

"Piper, what is this?" 

Piper had barged into your cabin along with a (F/C) dress. She had charmspeaked you into wearing it and before she could charmspeak you into letting her do your make up, you stopped her, shaking your head.

She was currently halfway done with your hair. 

"Alright, are you ready to look in the mirror?"

"Yeah, yeah." Piper held up a mirror and your gaze lingered on your reflection.

You shook your head. "Alright. I'm going."

You were greeted with loud music and lights hung up everywhere outside. You always thought Camp Half-Blood was a beautiful place, but this was a lot more beautiful.

After Connor Stoll poured you some punch, you wandered around.

You finally went to the strawberry fields, which had lights strung around in a big heart.

"(Y/N)."

You turned around, meeting Calypso, her caramel hair framing her face and in a white dress that made you feel dull, even with the help of Piper.

"You have been leaving Leo and I alone lately." She crossed her arms and arched an eyebrow. "That's the same thing as giving up."

"I was getting ready to." You say, meeting her eyes.

"Why?"

"You guys always laugh and talk to each other like it's the most comfortable thing in the world. He looks so comfortable around you, and much closer to you."

"Is that really what it looks like, (Y/N)?"

You don't answer.

Calypso sighed, looking at the strawberry fields. "When we talk, the subject always ends up at you." You lift your head up. "For the first couple weeks, he always apologized about how he fell in love with someone else. And for the past week, he's only been talking about the reason he loves you. Do you know how annoying that gets?" She finished. You arch an eyebrow.

"There was never a competition from the start, (Y/N). His heart always has belonged to you. But if you break it, he's mine." She left, and your gaze followed her.

You hear a rustling noise behind you, and you turn around. "Leo?"

Indeed it was. Leo had on his signature half grin as he pulled at his shirt. He wasn't dressed up for the party. "You look beautiful, (Y/N)."

"I feel overdressed." Then silence fell between you two.

"(Y/N), were you jealous of us~?" Leo asked.

You hit his shoulder. "Like Hades I was."

Before you could finish your sentence, he put an arm around your waist. "Liar."

Blush appears on your face as you look away with an annoyed look. He kisses your cheek. "Don't worry about it, (Y/N). I thought you knew I was over her." He lifts up one of your hands and your gaze follows his movements.

"You won the competition from the start, but I can't blame her, she fell for this hot stuff." He teases.

A smile appears on your face.

"(Y/N), can you please forgive me?"

After a while of silence, you nod and you swear he's smiling the biggest he's ever smiled before. 

For the rest of the party, your boyfriend wouldn't let you go, even if you were tired. You two danced, he whispered in your ears everything about you when he had the chance.

I hope you guys enjoyed!