"That's great sweetie! Don't you think those guys look absolutely scrumptious?" She whispered.

"MOM!" I yelled. "Don't even go there!" Gross.

"Oh stop, I was thinking of how nice it would have been if I had a son. I wish I had a handsome son. He would look just like your father." She pouted. "I guess I'll just have to do without. At least I have son-in-laws! Then eventually grandsons!."

"You know!" She knew about Matt proposing to Alex!

"Know what"

"What I know, I'm assuming"

"Yup"

"How'd you know Matt was proposing?" I said excitedly.

"OH MY GOSH, HE IS! WHEN...?" Mom's eyes bulged in excitement; she was bouncing on her feet.

Opps, she fooled me!

"That wasn't cool mom" I frowned. She didn't care less; she was bouncing like a girl in her fifth birthday.

"I was talking about Derrick being like a son to me but Matt! Oh, that boy is so sweet! Alex is getting married-my big little girl getting married!" Tears began falling down her face. Her legs quivered and the next thing I knew she falls to a weeping heap on the floor.

"Mom, shhh...!" I whispered. "A girl from Redwood pack told me and Alex has no clue about it. No one's supposed to know about it actually, except for the Redwood Pack. Their Alpha announced his recognition. Please, stop crying! People will here you and ask what's going on. It will ruin the surprise!"

She immediately silenced, minus a few muffled whimpers.

She nodded. "My lips are sealed. I can't wait to tell your father!" She squealed. Hopefully Matt will propose soon, cause knowing my mom she will have a hard time staying quiet for long.

"I'll be 'hanging out' now" I quoted in the air.

"Have fun dear and play nice" She blew me a kiss.

To my relief, everyone was too distracted with the game that no one noticed I entered the room. The lights were off and the only light was coming from the flashing screen. Everyone was either settled on the couch or on the floor cheering and laughing. I thought it was all a waste of time. Didn't we have school the next morning?

"Get the upgrade! Get the upgrade" A voice rang. It came from Phil, one of a few male wolves in my pack. He was my dad's cousin's son; he's a year older than Ash, 16 and he's at the age were a small stubble of hair on his chin makes him feel like a man.

"I'm kinda occupied at the moment" One of our guests's said. I forgot his name, I only remembered two and that was Luca and Soren. The guy was holding the game control and from what it looks like on the screen, he was shooting at aliens from all directions.

"Dude you suck" A husky voice said chuckling. I realized right away where it came from and my stomach fluttered. I'm not around guys very often and I get kind of nervous around them.

I saw Sam, sitting right beside him a pillow wrapped between her legs. She sat too close in my opinion, but at least she didn't curl her arms around him like she did with Ryan. That was a good sign, I noted.

"You know, I got the high score in this game" Sam said matter-of-factly.

"Nuh-uh! You couldn't have done it without me!" Tay argued, pulling her pillow over her head ready to hit Sam in the head if she denied.

"Chil-ax Tay, you don't want to give a bad first impression on our guests" Sam said wiggling her brows. "No one like's a whiner" Tay sat back down silently frowning. Without the lights to prove it, I could tell she was extremely embarrassed.