Missing You

Here’s my plan.

Monday:

1. Go to school early looking like a geek.

2. Set up banners and balloons.

3. Ask a few students to hold stems of roses.

4. Prepare a big bear and cake at the garden.

5. Wait for Amber at the garden.

Okay…that’s it. I hope my plan will work out. As planned, I went to school early with a big bag of loot. I ran straight to the garden and set up the bear and put the cake box beside it. I climbed up a tree and set up the banner. I also tied some balloons to a few plants. I ran to my classroom and handed out some roses to my classmates.

“Okay guys…here’s what I want you all to do.”

“Wait, dude, why are dressed up like that?" Ji Yong said, putting his arms over my shoulders. 

“I’m fixing a nasty act. I’m going to tell everyone the truth. I’m not going to hide anymore. Now, be a good boy and help me.” I said, handing him a rose.

“As I was saying…you will all line up from the school gate up to the garden. Make sure to give those roses to Amber Liu.” I looked at Ji Yong.

“You. You will make sure Amber makes it to the garden. Or else…” I tightened my fist, grabbed him by the collar and faked a punch.

“Okay. Okay. Sheesh.” He headed to the school gate. I ran to the garden and waited for Amber. A few minutes already passed. I’m getting restless here. I looked at my watch…it’s already ten minutes till school starts. I stomped my feet hard. Where is she? I walked back and forth then I heard the bell ring. Oh no. I clasped my hands together and uttered a short prayer. Then I felt someone coming to me. I opened my eyes and…

“I’m sorry.” Ji Yong then handed me the roses.

“The kids can’t wait any longer. They don’t want to miss class.” He looked at the bear behind me and then back at me.

"She’s never been late before.” He held my left shoulder.

“She’s not coming.” 

I shrugged off his hand on my shoulder. “She’s going to come. She HAS to come.”

“Suit yourself. I’m going to class.” Ji Yong then left me alone in the garden. I ran to the school gate and waited for Amber to come in. I can’t think straight. Different thoughts are forming in my head…and there’s one…one that I dread to come true. Then I heard the gates open, I turned around and saw Taeyang. I ran to him.

“Where’s Amber?”

“I don’t know.” He walked past me and I pulled his arm. 

“Don’t lie to me. I’m sure you know where Amber is.”

He removed my arm.

“I don’t know okay? Leave me alone…or better yet, leave Amber alone. She’ll be better off without a creep like you.” He shot one last look at me and walked to his classroom. 

Delirious, I ran out of the school and took a taxi to the Liu's residence. I knocked at their door. No one answered.

“AMBER…”

“Oppa, who are you looking for?” I turned around and saw two little girls.

“I-I’m looking for a pretty girl who lives here. Her name is Amber. Have you seen her?”