Chapter 5: ~A blue soul and a white light~

Start from the beginning

She studied his face as he sat there, the color was brought back but he still wouldn’t open his eyes. The wraiths calling nearby told her that she needed to get him up quick, she wouldn’t be able to carry him all by herself. Crouching down in front of him she placed her hands on the side of his face, cold. The wraiths started to get louder, she turned towards the door but saw nothing. Turning back towards him she started saying his name hoping that it would stir him enough to wake up. She started messing with his face, pinching his cheeks, tapping them. “Rouge, wake up!” His head fell limp and she groaned, tapping his face a little harder she said. “Wake up you stupid loser!”

After about the fifth attempt she gave up and decided to drag him to the forest line, it was like carrying a dead body. His body was being pulled to the ground by gravity while she was dragging him along, trying to get the heck out of there. While dragging him belly up she noticed that his healing process hadn’t started. She pondered this as she pulled him and wondered if it needed a push of some sort. She found this odd because males were supposed to heal faster than females so they could defend themselves and their family.

Katiana felt like dropping him then and there, her arms were tired and her energy was drained because of that strange light she gave off. She couldn’t though, she knew that if she stopped then that they’d most likely get spotted my wraiths and killed. Flicking her hands in the air she readied herself for the rest of the pull towards the forest. They were about halfway there, Katiana finished up the rest of the way and plopped down on a log and sighed.

She glanced at the man lying on the forest floor and wondered just when was he going to awaken. It was a bad idea to come here...

“Everything will be fine, just follow my instructions. I want you to go to one of the trees with green moss on it. Once there take the moss and place it in the river with running water, then come back and place them on his wounds.”

Katiana wanted to ask how she knew all this but she didn’t saw a word but she did follow the instructions. Gathering giant patches of moss she could feel its cool and slimy exterior. Using her ears she listened for the running water Astrea was talking about then took no time getting to it. She placed a handful of the green moss in the river and let it run for a bit before pulling it back out. Afterwards she hurried back to Rouge and opened up his vest then lightly placed the dripping moss on his chest and arm. Pulling down his pants didn’t seem very appealing so she just settled for placing the moss over the giant rip. Katiana sat back and waited.

It seemed like forever waiting for his eyes to finally flutter open. She’d been drawing a picture of a mermaid in the dirt on the floor with a stick. So she hadn’t noticed Rouge wake up until he sat up. Katiana’s head snapped upwards and she watched him grasp the moss and throw it to the side frustrated. She could see that his skin was laced with sweat but so was hers, it was very humid in the forest and she was fed up with it.

“Why is there moss on my wounds?” He growled out then locked eyes with Katiana.

She stood up throwing the stick behind her. “Because they helped jump start your healing, can you stand?” She held out her hand in case he needed assistance.

He slapped her hand away and pushed himself up on his own. “I’m fine, lets just get back before it gets dark.” He tried to button up his vest but it was no use, the wraith skewered most of the buttons and well everything. Rouge sighed, he didn’t feel like going to the markets and buying new clothing.

He looked over to Katiana and noticed that she needed new clothing too, so it didn’t seem like he had a choice. It was a good thing he had money on him. Rouge walked in front of Katiana ready to get back to the inn to sit down and rest his wounds. They weren’t completely healed but that moss did help. He also kept an eye on Katiana making sure she didn’t fall behind.

While they walked Katiana thought about telling him about the strange light that came out of her hands that made the wraith disappear. He didn’t seem like he was in a good mood so Katiana just kept her mouth shut about it and fiddled with his sword. Not even a minute after she started playing with it Rouge decided to put it back in its sheath.

The walk back to the inn was much longer than the walk from the inn to Allure. In a since it felt weird for her to leave Allure knowing that she might not be able to go back there. It wasn’t like there was really anything for her there but it was still her home. But once they were back in the inn that feeling vanished and she was just ready to bath then sleep.

Rouge went out to check on the horse and that seemed like the perfect time for her to lather up. In the mists of washing her hair her hand stopped moving at the sound of footsteps. They were light footsteps but something didn’t seem right about the way they walked. Katiana could hear them walking slowly down the hallway as if they were looking for something. Then the footsteps stopped, right in front of her room’s door. Katiana’s hair on the back of her neck stood on end and a growl slipped from her lips.  

Hey guys!! I updated yayay! Well I was going to update this like next week but then I was like I can't wait that long. Sooo I just did it, I wanted to hear from you guys. I've been wondering, does this chapter seem fluent? Over all does the story still peek your interest? Am I doing well? I just wonder sometimes and as my readers I was hoping you guys could tell me how I'm doing. ^-^

PS: VOTE AND COMMENT I'd appreciate it sooo much <3

Also please click on the External link to become apart of the Aducity team! :) I hope to see you there.