Chapter 3- Not You

That had been the last intimate encounter between the two boys for the remainder of time on the island. Unfortunately, the day Ralph had planned on professing his love to the other, the heart of the island had been murdered in cold blood. Simon had been killed by his love.

He painfully remembered every little detail of the event, and it hurt just to think about it.

The party. As he approached the new chief during the circle dance to tell him how much he loved him, Simon crawled in. With wide eyes, he watched in terror as the boy's beat the young lad to death.

The words haunted his dream. "Kill the beast! Slit his throat! Spill his blood!"

His eyes had set on Jack with a look of pure terror, and in that moment he realized he wasn't Jack anymore.

Jack had been fueled by anger towards Ralph, that slight gratification came from the blonde being so mortified.

But it didn't last long. Soon, the pain of missing a lover set in, and he began to regret every thing he had done to scare his darling Ralph away.

Now, he never was good with plans.
So he hunted Ralph down to attempt apologizing.
But somewhere along the way, the boys misconstrued it and tried to kill his lover.

Now, the hunt had come to an end as they stood on the beach, the forest behind them ablaze and their hearts racing. Ralph broke into tears. Wanting nothing more but to comfort him, Jack took a slight step forward. But, he stopped in his place, knowing he would only scare the blonde more.

Once everyone boarded the ship, Ralph bordered himself in the corner. Away from these beasts of little boys.

Jack didn't have another chance to tell him he loved him.

He never did.

At least, not for the next ten years.