Seven

"How is she?" Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore stood with Madam Pomjfrey in the corner of the hospital wing, looking over at the small figure in the bed. She was so pale they could have thought she was a ghost, besides the flaming red hair. A cast was on one of her wrists.

"Her wrist should be fine, but she won't wake up."
"Judging by Mr Weasley, Mr McFarrell, Miss Mcsteele and Miss Tonks's explanation of the train ride, I imagine she has a lot to process. Let her sleep, and her brain rest and process it all." Dumbledore replied. McGonagall laid a trembling hand on his arm.

"Could it be possible? Could she be the lost Weasley girl?"
"That's something we will have to work out when she wakes up." Dumbledore replied. "But I don't enjoy the idea of taking Catherine and Matthew Cartwright's daughter away from them."

"Come on Maya, wake up." Charlie laid his head on her shoulder, closing his eyes. Tonks pulled a quill and some ink out of her pocket.
"I have an idea." She said with a devilish grin.

Maya could hear some quiet voices talking, as she lay there. She blinked once, then three more times until her vision was clear. She wiggled her toes, moved her knees, rolled her neck, and lifted her arms up in front of her face. One was in a white cast, with writing all over it. She squinted and brought it closer to her face, then smiled. It was covered in messages and signatures by her friends.

"Ah, you're awake! You gave us quite a fright, Miss Cartwright." Maya looked over at the woman, who was walking towards her. "I'm Madam Pomfrey, you're in the hospital wing." Maya scooted herself up the bed into a sitting position.

"When can I get out of here?" She enquired. Madam Pomfrey stood at the end of her bed, folding her arms behind her back.
"I'll let the Headmaster know you're awake, and he'll get you sorted. Then you can leave. But I want you to take it easy. It was quite the collapse and you've been out for two days." Maya laid back against the pillows, feeling her cheeks turn red. She felt so embarrassed that she had collapsed in front of everyone!

"How are you feeling Miss Cartwright?" Maya smiled, sweeping a bit of hair behind her ear.
"I'm good, then you Professor. And sorry, I'm so embarrassed about the fact that I fainted."
Professor Dumbledore looked slightly amused. "Mr Weasley caught me up on the conversation on the train. I'm not surprised you were overwhelmed." Maya caught a breath. She had completely forgotten about it.

"So, let's get you sorted, shall we?" Maya took a deep breath as the sorting hat was placed on her head and slipped over her face

Hmm. Difficult, very difficult. You're intelligent, yes, and hard working, and loyal to your friends. I also sense great things from you. But what to choose? Hmm...
Better be