Chapter Fifteen

At six o'clock, Iwaizumi was up and, after grumbling for Oikawa to start a pot of coffee, in the shower. Oikawa stumbled through the dark flat to the kitchen, praying he wouldn't wake Iwaizumi's flatmates.

He usually enjoyed Kuroo Tetsurou's and Bokuto Koutarou's antics, but neither of them were tolerable so early in the morning.

By seven, Iwaizumi had showered, dressed, drained an entire pot of coffee, fixed and devoured breakfast, and was ready to go while Oikawa had barely finished dressing and styling his hair.

"Oi, Crappykawa, we'll be late if you don't hurry."

"I don't know how you do it, Iwa! You were hungover and hour ago and now you're ready to fight a war. I can't keep up."

"How were you ever the captain of our team? Do you have your knee brace? You'll need it if you have to lift furniture today."

"I've got it. What are you? My mom?"

They paused, an awkward silence.

"No. I actually take care of you." Oikawa nodded and followed him out the door.

"I never say it, but you know that I...," he trailed off. Oikawa wasn't ever sure how to voice those feelings.

"I know." Iwaizumi nodded. He felt the appreciation Oikawa had for him.

Even when they had tried dating in junior high, Iwaizumi had known how he'd felt and had even ended the relationship for him when he couldn't find the words to do so himself. He'd forever be grateful to him.

Too soon, Iwaizumi was dropping him off at the workshop and apologizing that he'd have to go back to the trailer tonight. Then Iwaizumi was gone and Oikawa put on his best smile to begin another day at work.