Final Chapter

YN's P.O.V.

It's been about 2 and a half weeks since my car accident. My leg is healing really fast so I got my cast taken off a couple of days ago.

I woke up this morning at 6:30 to the chime of my alarm clock.

YN-Push, sister girl. I gave myself a word of encouragement to try to get up.

I was so tired! It was one of those mornings where I wish I could turn over and just have Diggy hold me for a few minutes before I had to get up.

I looked over at the empty spot in the bed and sighed deeply.

YN-I miss you so much, baby. I whispered while running my hand over Diggy's cold pillow with my wedding ring shining on my finger.

I dragged myself out of bed and went into my bathroom.

I brushed my teeth, washed my face, put on deodorant, did my make up and curled my hair.

YN-I feel...huge. I said while carefully examining myself in the mirror.

I felt like I had man shoulders.

YN-Scary feet, scary feet, scary feet...and a bunk bed! I laughed at myself in the mirror before turning the light off and heading to my closet.

I turned the light on in my closet and grabbed my black blazer with a tight fitting blue dress.

I slid on my outfit and then looked for shoes.

I looked at my leg and thought for a second.

YN-Can you handle heels? I asked myself quietly.

I saw my all black red bottoms just sitting in the corner.

YN-Diggy was that you!? I laughed and reached for my heels.

I slipped them on my feet and looked at myself in the mirror.

YN-You a bad ass bitch you poppin'! I sang to myself and did a little dance.

I grabbed my purse and headed down the steps.

Dahja-Morning mom! She said while putting eggs on a plate.

YN-Good morning, baby. I smacked her butt gently and turned the Keurig on so I could have coffee.

Dahja-You know what today is right? She looked at me with a sad expression.

YN-W-what's today? I asked confused as I looked at my work phone answering e-mails and texts.

I looked at my surgery pager and it hadn't gone off yet.

Dahja-Mom...it's dads anniversary! She said while smiling and sitting a plate on the counter for Darnell.

YN-*Gasp* I-I just didn't know the date. I was shocked at myself.

Dahja-Well I didn't mean to kill your good mood! I'm just saying. She giggled as Darnell jogged down the steps in his basketball shorts, a hoodie, and slides.

YN-*Smile at her* You're so sweet honey. I ran my fingers through her hair.

Darnell-Good morning. He said while sitting at the counter and began eating his eggs.

YN-*Giggle* Grumpy much? I asked him while picking my coffee up and adding sugar and sweet cream to it.

Darnell-Its the 23rd. He mumbled.

YN-Guys! So what? Don't be sad! It's a good day! Not a sad one. I reminded my kids.

Darnell devoured his eggs and slid the plate over the counter and into the sink.