Old Things and New Beginings

Start from the beginning

"Okay, tell everyone I said hi. I love you too, boo."

"Love you too Chipmuck" he teased me. He knows I hate when he calls me that. 

"Stop calling me that!" I said serious

He laughed and hung up the phone
I hate the name chipmuck. I got it when we were younger because I had really fat cheeks. 

"Key Key!" My sister Maya said as she walked into my room . 
She's only 3 years old. She's the youngest, and hopefully the last. She climed on to my bed and sat in my lap. 

"Where's ralphy today?" she said
"He's in Texas."
"Where is Texas?"
"Its down south near, Louisiana."
"Oh! I want to go to Texas."
"Me too, maybe one day we can go together."
"Yay! I'm going to go to Texas to be a cowgirl!" She stood up on my bed acting like she was riding a horse.
I swear my siblings are the only reason I that I stay here. If it wasn't for them I would have been gone a long time ago.

 If it wasn't for them I would have been gone a long time ago

Tamika
I'm on my way to the New Edition concert. My cousin won back stage passes and front row seats. I got ready at my cousin's house because I didn't have anything to wear.  I live on a farm. so I don't really have anything fancy. For the most part, I have jeans. sneakers. plain shirts. and overalls. My cousin gave me this  fitted black dress to put on and she curled my hair. I wasn't used to having my hair curled. My mama always put it in braids ever since I was little. Once she was done I looked in the mirror and couldn't recognize who I was. 

"You look good girl! Now you don't look like a boy" Stacey said laughing. 

"Shut up" I said laughing.  

"And look girl who the hell knew you had titties AND an ass?"

"Can you just say "Tamika you look very pretty" instead of insulting me?" I laugh

"Fine Tamika you look fine as hell, and it took me damn near all day to make you look this good." 

I rolled my eyes as I put on my black flats. Once I had my shoes on, we went down stairs where we were met by my uncle Rob with a camera in his hand.

"Dad!" Stacey said annoyed. 

"Fine I'll stop, but you ladies look beautiful. Go enjoy your night" he said handing Stacey the keys.

We hugged uncle Rob goodbye and drove to the arena. We got to the arena early. We showed security our back stage passes and they let us in. We got in and walked around for a little bit before we eventually stood in the corner of the Catering area. 

"You think this food is included in the backstage pass shit?" Stacey asked 

"Please don't go over there eating the people's food! I told you should've ate before you came."

"Fuck it, I'm hungry I'm going to get some food. Stay here if you want to girl." She damn near ran to the table filled with food. I just shook my head.

People were coming in and out of the room, but I really wasn't paying attention. I was just looking at my feet thinking I want to put sneakers on. After a while of standing. I felt someone staring at me. I looked up to see Stacey sitting next to all the members ofNew Edition, and Bobby Brown was staring right at me. I blushed a little bit and tucked my hair behind my ear. I had a little crush on him, and it was showing all over my face, which was embarrassing. He got up from his chair and started walking my way. Even the way he walked made me want to crumble where I stood.

"Hey, I'm Bobby" said standing next me.

"Hi I'm Tamika, it's nice to meet you."

"Tamika, I just wanted to let you know you look really beautiful tonight." He said smoothly. 

"Thank you" I said smiling. 

"Why so shy? I promise you I won't bite" he said laughing.

" sorry its just my personality when I meet new people."

"it's fine, I like that" he said with the most amazing smile.

We both sat down and talked for about an hour until it was time for him to get ready for the show. Stacey and I made our way to our seats and waited for the show to start.

"The boys are really cool. You would know that if you weren't talking to Bobby the whole time." Stacey laughed.

"Bobby's cool and sweet too."

"Don't you know he's the bad boy of group? He stays in trouble. you better be careful, girl."

"I think he's misunderstood, and we are just friends!"

"Honey, the way he was looking at you and you were looking at him, y'all looked like y'all wanted to be more than just friends." Stacey rolled her eyes. 

"No way, we just have an understanding."
"Sure, like I said, watch out farm girl."

The show finally started. The guys did great. I knew every song they sung and I really enjoyed myself. Up until the end." I have to go backstage, I left my coat in the catering area" Stacey said annoyed.

We walked backstage and ran into the boys. We gave them all hugs and told them a good job, but once I got to Bobby, he wouldn't let go of me. The rest of the guys decided to leave us alone and Stacey went to get her jacket.

"I want to see you again."
"How will that happen, aren't you leaving tonight?"
"Actually, we are leaving the day after tomorrow."
"Then I guess we have sometime. I could give you my number. I need a pen and paper"
He happily pulled pen and paper out of his pocket and I wrote my number. Stacey came back and seen Bobby was still hugging me. 
"Excuse me, it's time for us to leave" she said with an attitude.
"I have to leave now Bobby" I said laughing
He finally let go of me and smiled back.
"I'll see you tomorrow" he said, flashing a smile and me and Stacey.
"No she won't" Stacey said before I could say anything.
I looked back at him and mouthed call me.
We finally got in the car.
"Stacey! why would you say that?" I said with an annoyed tone.
"Trust me, Tamika. You don't know what you getting yourself into. He's trouble,and you don't know anything about boys."
" I do to!" I said back. 
"Sure you do, you going to learn the hard way farm girl. I see that now."