HoNEsty

Dana POV

I finally got a day off of work, and it's been a pretty chill day. I got up, cleaned, made breakfast, made great love so great that Ricky is still asleep. I got tired of waiting for him to wake up, so I mosey my way down to the kitchen to make me some popcorn and catch In living color. I plop down on the couch with the remote in hand. As I landed on the couch, I felt something sticking my back. I put my popcorn to the side and moved the pillow behind me to find a pill bottle. I picked it up, but it was no name on it or anything, just pills. I immediately responded to my gut reaction. I don't even know how I got up the steps so fast. I opened the door to my room and threw the bottle at his face.

"WHAT THE FUCK" Ricky yelled, rubbing his face

"You know, I was wondering why you have been acting so different and irrational. My gut has been telling me one thing, but my mind didn't want to believe it."

"The pills aren't mine, Dana."

"I asked you were you taking any drugs, and you told me no, YOU LIED TO MY FACE."

"I'M TELLING YOU THEY ARENT MINE"

I can't believe he is still lying to my face right now. I can't even look him in his face. I walked over to our closet and grabbed his shit, and started walking down the stairs. I felt his presence following me, before I could open the front door he yanked my arm causing all the clothes I had to fall on the floor.

"I'M TELLING YOU THE PILLS ARE NOT MINE, DANA"

"THEN WHOSE IS IT BECAUSE IT NOT MINE"

"YOU ACTING LIKE IT AINT A WHOLE DRUG ADDICT LIVING IN THIS HOUSE"

"YOUR PATHETIC YOUR PUTTING DRUGS ON MY MAMA"

"YOUR MOM GOT A HISTORY WITH DRUGS THEY AIN'T MINE"

"I DOUBT MY MOM WOULD GO FROM CRACK TO PILLS"

"What's going on here."

I turned around to see my mama closing the front door. Ricky and I both got quiet, just giving each other the death stare. I brushed past him and retrieved the pills from upstairs. I walked back downstairs to my mama.

"Are these yours?" I asked, holding up the bottle

"baby girl, I think you got the answer you been looking for," she said in a calm voice, walking away

"So you just going to believe her over me."

"I just need you to tell me the truth. If you tell me the truth, I can help you through this"

Ricky got real quiet as if he was in his mind trying to figure what to say next. I think he knows what he say next is going to make or break the situation at hand or even our relationship.

"I'm not an addict, I just take the pills here and there, nothing serious."

"NOTHING SERIOUS?!"

"See, this why I didn't want to tell you, your overacting."

"OVERREACTING! YOUR TELLING ME YOU ARE TAKING DRUGS THAT'S NOT PRESCRIBE TO YOU IS NOTHING SERIOUS"

"I'm not doing this"

"I'm not either, so you either stop this shit or get the fuck out."

"really"

"It not serious remember, if it's not serious, you can flush these things down the toilet."

He stared at me for a minute as if he was trying to make up his mind. He grabbed the bottle and began to walk upstairs towards the bathroom. I followed right behind him to see the proof that he is flushing them. He poured the pills into the toilet and flushed them. He showed me that the bottle was empty. I walked away from him and went to our room, putting some shoes on.