Harry clears his throat behind me. I turn and kiss his cheek. "Thanks for driving me," I say.

He shrugs. "No problem."

Louis rolls his eyes.

"I don't appreciate that look you're giving me," Harry says through clenched teeth.

"And I don't care," Louis says smugly.

I sigh. I know what's coming.

"You could be less of a fucking douche all the time," Harry says.

"And you could stay away from Blair," Louis counters.

"I love her."

"Bullshit. You wouldn't know love if it fucking smacked you across the face!"

"Oh, and you would? Why don't you just shut the fuck up before I have to come over there and make you."

"Bring it on, lover boy."

Harry's eyes blaze as he takes a dangerous step toward Louis. I put my hand on his arm, holding him back. His eyes flash to me.

"I think you should go before you wreak havoc on my family," I say tersely.

Harry stares at me a moment before glaring at Louis briefly and walking out the door.

I cross my arms over my chest at Louis. "You just had to pick a fight, didn't you?"

"He started it," Louis says childishly.

"I don't care. You fueled it." I grab my bags and haul them up the stairs, Louis following behind me.

"I really think you should leave him," Louis says. "He's no good."

"You've expressed this to me before, Louis."

"But it's only a matter of time before he really fucks up." Louis stops me and looks me in the eye, as if trying to tell me something silently.

I shake my head at him. "I appreciate your concern," I say. "But Harry's different when we're alone. I promise."

Louis removes his hand from my wrist and steps back. "Fine," he says. "When this all comes crashing down on you, don't say I didn't warn you."

He turns and descends the steps, mumbling things under his breath I can't quite understand.

I quickly unpack my things and begin organizing the new information I got from the uni. Excitement to start courses bubbles up inside of me. I come across Eleanor's number and put it in my phone, deciding I'll call her later to chat. I sit back on my bed and turn the TV on, relaxing for the evening.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Blair, it's Eleanor. From the orientation?"

"Oh, yeah, hi. Are you aware that it's three in the morning?"

"Yes, I'm very fucking aware," Eleanor snaps.

"Is everything alright?"

"Look, I feel like a real twat calling you up at three in the morning--"

"Mhmm."

"--But the deal is, Appleton caught me writing something on her chalkboard after hours so that when she started classes tomorrow it would say something really fucking hilarious--"

"Your point, Eleanor?"

"She kicked me out of the dorms."

I put my palm on my forehead.

"And I know I'm a total bitch for asking you this but I'm half hammered and one cigarette away from coughing up my fucking lung, so is it alright if I stay with you for awhile?"

I purse my lips. "Awhile?"

"Not long, just until I scrape together enough money to pay for rent in a flat. It's alright if you say no--"

"No, it's fine. We have extra bedrooms."

"Great, so when's a good time for me to come?"

I snort. "Can you wait until it's actually daylight?"

"I suppose I can get a hotel--or maybe that's not a good idea, I'm banned from that one down the street..."

"Jesus, what else are you banned from?"

"About a dozen bars--"

"What do you even do to get banned?"

"Some really fucked up shit," Eleanor almost laughs.

"Look, where are you?"

"Corner of sixty fifth and Johnston."

"Are you calling my from your cell?"

"No, I dropped it in vodka. It's fucked."

"Alright, just come on over. Wait outside, though. I'll come and get you." I tell her the address and hang up soon after.
I tie my hair up and pad through the house, disarming the alarm system and watching for Eleanor.

Eventually, a taxi rolls up to the cub and Eleanor steps out, tugging a red suitcase behind her. I walk outside and greet her.

"Thank you so much for doing this for me," she says. "I really appreciate it."

"No problem," I say. We creep back into the house, careful not to make any noise. We're just at the bottom of the stairs when the light clicks on.

"Blair?" Louis asks, rubbing sleep out of his eyes.

"Bloody hell," I curse to myself.

Louis' eyes land on Eleanor, and they widen slightly.

"What's going on?" He asks slowly.

"Uh...this is Eleanor," I say. "We met at the orientation." I turn to Eleanor. "This is Louis...my stepbrother."

Eleanor nods.

Louis looks utterly confused.

"Look, she needs a place to stay for a little while and I was thinking maybe she could stay with us..."

Author's Note:

ok, so i doubt you guys care but it snowed today--kinda, not really-- it looked like dip and dots. It was great except for the fact that it was every where except the street. So no snow day.... damn.

SNOW YOU HAD ON JOB!

Also someone asked where we were from, and i think tess may have put something in Hidden about it, but we live in the USA.

-lauren & tess <3