New face, New home

Start from the beginning

About an hour later we arrived at his house. And that's what I mean, a house. Nothing fancy or large, just a normal sized house. I'm guessing it had about three or four bedrooms. It was painted a disgusting baby blue color and had a brick walkway leading from the driveway up to the door, which was accompanied by tall, thin windows on either side.

"Looks like a house built for someone who has been alone for a long time." I growled to no one in particular, earning a scolding glare from my mom. I looked at her with a scoff, dragging my bags to the front door and finding it unlocked. Swinging open the front door, I heard Rick's voice come from outside.

"Just pick any room on the top floor! The room on the first floor is for... For your mother and I." He finished hesitantly, and he received a scoff from me in return. It wasn't surprising he'd put them in the same room automatically. With a shudder I realized that they'd probably be up all night to mark each other... Gross. Oh Goddess help me, please take that image out of my head. Nasty.

Not bothering to shut the front door behind me, I made my way into the front room, actually impressed a little. The room was of moderate size with an overstuffed couch that could probably fit three people, a recliner to the left and right, and a 40' inch flat screen demanding attention in the center of the room.

'Damn, pretty nice for a guy who lives alone, eh?' Came Alana's snarky remark. Not wanting to start a fight, I bit my tongue and forced myself not to reply. Shaking my head, I wondered up the stairs, taking only my backpack which contained my laptop, phone, and books with me.

Climbing the flight of stairs quickly, I marveled at the hallway. Rick seemed to be a whiz at interior decorating! The walls were painted a light sapphire hue, and there were gorgeous pictures of mountains and the ocean everywhere.

'Seems like someone is beginning to like him.' Alana smirked, her ears perked in her victory.

'Oh you shut the hell up. I just like the way he decorates. That's all.' I grumbled my reply. There was no way Rick was going to win me over with pictures and a TV. Just not happening.

Making my way down the hallway, I poked my head into both of the two rooms. Both were fabulous. The one closest to the stairs was a painted a light lavender, with a lush bed in the far corner, a cedar desk in the other corner, a walk in closet across from the bed, and a large window to the right of the bed that revealed a gorgeous scenery of the mountains. Mount Hood, as I would later learn to call it by.

Nodding my silent approval, I checked the other room at the end of the hall. It was equally as perfect. It was a dark midnight blue and had a large bed in the center of the far wall, with a night stand on one side and a vanity on the other. An oak desk stood in the corner closest to the door, with a walk in closet just across from it. The large, crystalline window showed another part of McMinnville, it looked out a bit towards town. It gave you a view of the central part of town, and it looked very friendly and cute.

Ugh!! Did I just call this hell-hole cute?! Goddess, someone just come and kill me, please! I was already being brainwashed! And soon, I'd have to go to some deadbeat school with the rest of the werewolf kids. Fun fun.

"Just be glad we don't have to live in the Pack House." My mom sighed, and I turned to see her leaning in the doorway. Cursing myself for not shielding my thoughts from her, I just shrugged.

"Have you picked which room you want yet?" She asked gently, head tilted. It seemed like she was here on peaceful terms. At least I hope she is. I'm really not looking for a fight right now. It was late and all I wanted was to go to sleep. Nodding to her, I gestured to the room around me, admiring the dark walls and secluded feeling it gave you.

"I'm really feeling this one." I started, the gave her my best puppy dog eyes. "Can I please just get my bags tomorrow? I don't want to haul my stuff up the stairs and allll the way down the hall! I'm tired, so please?" I begged, my big blue eyes widening as she looked at me skeptically. I could tell she was on the verge of giving in, so I shuffled closer, continuing my begging. Finally she gave up with an exasperated sigh, throwing her hands in the air to show her defeat.

"Fine, fine. Get some sleep and I'll see you in the morning." She groaned, flashing me a small smile. Returning the gesture, I gave her a quick hug before she turned and walked down the hallway. Shutting the door quietly a suddenly let out a growl. Just because I was acting sweet didn't mean I forgave her. Not in the least!

'Of course not dear, now just shut up and get some sleep.' My mother said kindly to me via our mind link, making me jump. I had totally forgotten! Giving her a small reply, I slowly got up and made my way over to the bed. Setting be bag down carefully beside the bed, I just dropped into the vastness that was that giant, plush bed.

Not even bothering to change, I slipped off my shoes and crawled under the thick blankets, and a warm, comforting scent washed over me. Not caring in that moment, I closed my eyes and was out within minutes.

==============================

Comment. Vote. Share. Whatever!! :D

So I decided to update twice in a row! I got so excited about having 16 readers(I know, I'm pretty pathetic) that I just wanted to release my newest chapter as soon as possible! I know nothing good has happened yet but please, stay with me!! Nicole will meet someone important next chapter, I promise! I love you guys already(my 16 readers <3) and I'm looking forward to moving on with this story!!