Chapter 14-New Friend

Start from the beginning

"What was that you were saying about payback?" I asked, and he kept his glare.

"No fair." He complained, backing up.

He turned to put his shirt on, and I bounded over, resting my head on his shoulder after the fabric was pulled over it. He turned his head slightly, leaning his on mine. I smiled, and he turned so he was behind me, and he draped his arms around my waist, burying his face into my neck. We slowly started rocking back and forth, using each other for balance.

We were just standing, enjoying each other's presence, when there was a knock on the door.

We parted, and Cole rolled his head, groaning annoyed.

"Every time...." He groaned, walking over to the door, pulling it open.

"Are we ready to go? I'm hungry." Will whined, slumping his shoulder.

Cole was about to reply, probably wanting another few minutes, but I beat him to it.

"Yeah. We can go." I said cheerily, propping my head on Cole's shoulder.

He looked at me longingly, but I just smirked, flicking my tongue out at him. He glared again, but I ducked under his arm and made my way to the hall. I started walking, and as I did Cole slipped his fingers into mine. I smiled, my stomach flipping.

We made it to the living room, and everyone jumped from their seats.

"Finally!" They all cheered, making our way out of the bus into the bright sun.

We started walking when we head someone begin to shout.

"IT'S IM5!"

We whipped our head around, until we saw a group of teenage girls start running at us. I gasped, and Cole's grip on my hand tightened a bit, as he started running away from the girls to a safe place. All of us were close to sprinting when Gabe called out.

"Over here!"

We all turned to see him gesturing to an alley. We ran over, and made our way down it until we found a ladder leading to the roof of a building. We started climbing. Me, Cole, Dalton, Dana, Will, then Gabe. We sat on the roof, and saw the beach a few blocks away. It was about noon, so the waves were reaching a peak. We sat against a vent, watching the waves crash. Cole scooted over to me, and lifted me into his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist. I laid my hands over his, enjoying the view.

--------

About 3 hours later, we were sitting in a small pizza joint, enjoying some cheesy goodness, when the news started playing on the tv above us.

The news report about the guys was playing again, and soon enough, all eyes were on us. We exchanged nervous glances, hoping they wouldn't mind so much.

Unfortunately, that was wishful thinking.

A table full of teenage girls started whispering to themselves, pointing at us every so often. I shifted my gaze away from them, uncomfortable about the situation. I tried to take part in the conversation the guys were having, but my mind kept falling back to the table of girls. I looked down, fiddling with my fingers, when Cole laid his hand over mine. I looked up to see him looking at me concerned.

"What's wrong baby?"

"Nothing." I replied solemnly.

"Come on, I know something's up." He replied.

"It's just, that table of girls over there is whispering and they keep pointing over here. It's making me uncomfortable." I stated, and all the guys looked to each other.