"Oh Kaylee, dear, you're back. I thought I'd never see you again." Betty was at my side in seconds, squeezing me in a tight hug. "I knew something was wrong when I saw Daniel here with you. that's why I called Elijah. He told me to keep an eye out and make sure you're alright. I never thought he'd actually come back and try to hurt you after Elijah told him to leave." 

She kept talking, barely catching a breath but not hugging me anymore, just holding onto my arms gently. Before she could say anything else my stomach let out the biggest rumble ever. 

"Oh you poor thing, you must be hungry and cold! Come, here, sit by the fireplace. Best spot in the house. I'll bring you some soup and hot chocolate right away." she pulled me to the other side of the restaurant and pushed me down into this big yet extremely comfortable chair right by the fireplace. "Here, take this blanket." she said, reaching behind the chair, and proceeded to place a nice handmade blanket over my legs. 

"Thanks." I smiled lightly, still shivering a bit. 

"Can I get the same thing and another soup and hot chocolate to go please? It's for Elijah." Drew pulled up a chair to the other side of the small table and sat down. 

"Oh, of course. It'll be just a minute." Betty said as she rushed into the kitchen. 

Not even 2 minutes later, she returned with 2 cups of hot chocolate. I reached for mine immediately, but this time I drank slowly, trying to get some of the heat from the cup to warm up my hands. 

Betty was back with two bowls of tomato soup before I could finish drinking. 

"Soup for you and soup for you." she placed the bowls in front of us, and winked a bit at Drew. 

"Thanks Betty, I haven't had any fresh blood in days." Drew grabbed his bowl and started drinking his soup. 

I just stared in shock. 

They must have noticed my distress because both Betty and Drew started laughing. 

"Oh, no, sweetie. Don't worry. Yours is just soup. Only special guests get the extra ingredient. It does taste exactly the same and it looks the same, so you can see why it's safe to serve blood here. Nobody will ever know." Betty clasped her hands together. "I'll bring the rest right away." she turned and disappeared into the kitchen. 

"Wow, you should have seen your face." Drew continued laughing. 

"It's not that funny, Drew. I couldn't have known that, you heard Betty." I gave him a quick glare and picked up my spoon and slowly started eating. 

"You didn't know vampires can't eat normal food? Has Elijah told you anything?"

"He did when we went on that date. That was normal food, wasn't it?" I could remember him ordering a glass of wine and steak which honestly looked a bit raw. 

Then it hit me. 

"It wasn't wine, was it? That's why you were out waiter. How many people know about you?" 

Drew had finished his meal by now and he'd rested his elbow on the table and his chin on his hand. 

"Nope, not wine. Not a lot of people know, but if you go to the right places in the city you'll definitely see we're not the only vamps here." I nodded, looking down at my soup instead of Drew. 

"And before you ask, you can eat normal food, but it won't taste like anything and it won't really keep you fed. I don't see why anyone would willingly eat human food after tasting blood, or Betty's soup. Nobody makes better soup than Betty." 

"Yeah, I guess.." I took the last spoonful of soup and wiped my lips with a cute little snowflake shaped napkin. 

Before I had the chance to say anything else, Betty was back with a container full of soup and another cup of hot chocolate for Elijah. 

She was just about to say something when a big crashing sound startled me and I turned to see the huge glass window at the front of the shop being shattered into a million pieces and crashing down to the ground, hitting customers at the front of the cafe. 

Before I had time to react, I was picked up and thrown over Drew's shoulder, who'd also managed to grab Elijah's lunch. By now, people had started screaming and running out of Betty's. I could see blood everywhere and someone was frantically dialing 911. 

Betty had disappeared amidst all the chaos and we were outside in seconds. I could hear my car door being pulled open and Drew just placed me in my seat, and even managed to buckle my seat belt before I could catch a breath. He started the engine and drove away from Betty's at a speed that was most certainly above the speed limit, but I was too worked up about what had just happened to tell him to slow down. 

We were at my house in less than 5 minutes. Elijah was already in the driveway standing next to his car by the time Drew cut the engine. 

He must have called him while I was looking out the window trying to comprehend what had just happened, because he seemed worried. 

Again, I didn't even have time to reach my arm over to unbuckle my seat belt because Elijah had appeared at my side and pulled me out of the car. He took my hand and speed walked to his car, practically just pulling me along. 

I got in the already open car and this time closed the door before anyone else tried to buckle me up. Elijah got in next to me and we were halfway down the road when he finally said something. 

"I'm sorry you had to experience that. I promise from now on I'm not leaving your side. I shouldn't have let you go." he ran his hand through his hair again, frustrated. 

"I don't understand, we killed them all. Who else could be after us..." he whispered the last bit more to himself than to me. 

I looked out the window and noticed we were on a familiar road. 

"Where are we going?" 

"The cabin. We don't have much time so I'll turn you there. We can leave the country once that's done and we won't come back until Drew finds whoever just tried to kill you." 

I stayed silent, turning back to the window where the first drop of rain just hit the glass, followed by about 20 more. It had started pouring rain. 

Leaning my head back and closing my eyes I had some time to think about how drastically my life had changed and what was to come in the next few hours. I'd finally be a vampire and Elijah would take me somewhere nice and it would be the best vacation ever. No crazy vampires trying to kill me, no death, just me and Elijah. All alone.

If only I'd known how wrong I was. 

A/N: Ok so 2 updates in 2 days, I'm on a roll here. I can't stop writing. The words are just flying out of my head. 

Thanks for reading. I'll be uploading again sometime in the next 48 hours.

Where have always wanted to go on vacation???

 I really want to go to Bali or Italy soon, and about a hundred other places...

Can we get this to 30 comments and votes before the next chapter?