Chapter 5: Stalker

Walking up to my bedroom, I place my left hand onto the doorknob. Grasping tightly, I turned the knob and opened the door. Once the door was open, I entered my bedroom and closed the door. My heart was still pounding as my knees began to feel weak. Never will I ever get that image out of my head. I may be a guy but still, I'm not stone, everything felt so real, it even left a hand print on my throat. Walking over towards my mirror, I look at the hand print the creature had left behind. The voice still rattled my bones to the very core. Going over to my bed, I sit down and sighed heavily. Laying back, I look up at the ceiling.

My heart was finally going back to its normal rhythm after 30 minutes of pure hell as my body slowly stopped shaking. "That was no dream... It was a fucking nightmare." I would quietly say to myself. I would then close my eyes, slowly beginning to drift off to sleep, hoping I could forget everything that had happened. Soon, I heard a knock on my bedroom door, I slowly sat up, letting out a soft groan. "Damon are you sure you're alright? You looked like you went into some sort of shock as if you saw a ghost." My mother would say as she stood at the other side of my door. "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for checking up on me" once I said that, I heard my mom's footsteps walk away and down the stairs. Laying back, I slowly closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, wanting to forget everything I had seen.

Next morning would soon arise and the bright suns shining beans would go into my eyes, causing them to flutter open and wince. Rolling onto my other side, I heard my mom yell "DAMON BREAKFAST IS READY!" I honestly didn't want to get up but my stomach was growing. "ALRIGHT I'M COMING!" I yelled back. Getting up I would stretch out, followed by a yawn. I got up an headed downstairs shirtless an only wearing my pajama pants. The smell of eggs, bacon, toast, and sausage would fill my nose, making me feel even more hungry. My stomach would let out another growl as I fixed myself another plate. "What's on the agenda today?" My dad would say. Nibbling on my slice of toast, I looked up an said "Not sure. Might see if me and the guys can hang out.

Their only an hour away. Is it alright if they stay over tonight?" My parents would look at eachother and nod. "yeah sure, have fun. Go out to the movies or something" I would then grin. "Yes!" My parents would then let out a small chuckle. Getting up, I run up to my bedroom and grab my phone that was on the charger. Unplugging my phone, I instantly turn it on. Once it was on, I began to text three of my friends who's names are Jackson, Austin, and Ashton, sending them a text saying "cmon over y'all can stay at my place tonight!" they all sent a text saying "Be there in about 2 hours." with that being done, I sat my phone down and went back downstairs to finish my breakfast. "Are they coming over?" I heard my dad say. "Yeah they'll be here in about two hours". My parents would both nod as we finished our breakfast.

An hour would pass by as I would be doing the dishes. The sun was shining bright today as it was warm outside. Strange weather considering the fact it's in the middle of winter. I lay the dishes to the side, letting them dry as I hear my phone going off. I quickly run up the steps an into my bedroom, grabbing my phone. I'm locking my phone, I see an unknown number. Arching an eyebrow, I read the message as it said "I'M WATCHING YOU" okay that's it, I'm going to Star 69 their ass. I go to dial the number but no results. Hanging up, I dropped my phone onto the bed an sighed. "dammit! Fucking stalkers..." sighing softly, I head back downstairs and go to sit on the couch.

Another hour would pass and the sound of the door bell being rung could be heard throughout the house. Knowing who it was, I would walk downstairs and headed out towards the door. Opening the door, I see three of my friends standing there. "hey guys cmon in" stepping to the side, the three of them would walk in and look around. "Should we go to the movies? We can catch a horror movie." we all nodded in agreement and soon headed out to the theater and watch a movie. Two hours would pass and the movie ended. Walking outside, my phone would be going off. Getting annoyed, I checked my messages to see that I was getting multiple text messages from that same unknown number. Only this time, it was pictures. I immediately went pale as I saw that they were pictures just recently. The last one was what really got my attention.

I felt my heart drop as it was a picture of me and my friends standing outside the theater with our back facing towards whoever took the picture. "Dude you okay?" Jackson said, not wanting to alarm them or anything I simply shook everything off an slipped my phone back into my pocket an nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's go grab a bite to eat then maybe the beach".