Raphael Santiago - "You can tell me anything"

"Did you enjoy it?" Raphael raised his eyebrows and folded his hands under his chin. He stared at your almost empty plate and already gestured the waitress to bring you the menu again so you could order dessert.

"Raphael..." You licked your lips and took a deep breath. "You don't have to spoil me rotten each and every day of the week." You smiled and placed your hand on your filled stomach. "But I did enjoy it, yes."

"Good, because you don't deserve anything less than the absolute best." Raphael smiled back at you and once again you were surprised that his teeth were so incredibly white.

You had asked him more than once to turn you into a vampire, to make you like him.

So far he had always said no, telling you that this life was not something he wanted you to take lightly. Since that day he had been taking you to the most expensive restaurants as if he had been trying to show you what you would miss. "I've seen they have creme brulee on the menu." He locked his glance with yours.

You paused for a moment before you swallowed. "Raphael, I think we need to talk about something." You bent your head and placed your napkin on your plate. You didn't need dessert. You didn't even want the creme brulee.

"Of course, you can tell me anything." Raphael leaned back in his chair. His ankle was resting on his knee and he seemed to make himself comfortable.

"I know that you are taking me to the best restaurants in the world to convince me that I would give up way too many things when I become a vampire and I know that you only tell me the horror stories and the downsides of being what you are, but..." You paused for a moment. "I'm afraid it's not working."

Raphael frowned his eyebrows and he placed both his feet on the floor again while he leaned towards you. "What do you mean it's not working?"

"I think something else is happening." You took a deep breath and hesitated for a moment. You knew there was no way back anymore. You had said a and now you would have to say b too.

"What is happening?" Raphael cocked his head.

"I think..." You paused for a moment. "I think I love you." You didn't dare to look up at Raphael, didn't want to meet his eyes. "I know that we were supposed to be just friends. I know that you would simply take care of me until I had found another place to stay, but..." You eventually looked up and saw the surprise, almost shock on his face. "I love you. And you've only given me another reason to want to become a vampire. I want to be with you forever."

Raphael didn't say anything. He just stared at you. He stared at you and he seemed incapable of finding the right words.

"Can you please say something?" You bit your lip. "Anything?"

Raphael stood up from his seat instead. He walked towards you and kneeled down in front of you. His delicate fingers brushed a strand of hair behind your ear. "No, I wouldn't know what to say, but..." He pressed his forehead to yours. "Can I kiss you?"

"That depends..." You felt your heart racing in your chest and knew all too well that he could hear it. "Are you planning on turning me into a vampire?"

"No..." Raphael shook his head. "But I am going to make your human life extraordinary beautiful."

You took a deep breath, but eventually you nodded and you curled your hand around his neck, closing the distance between your faces. "Okay..."