Chapter 1: Suprising Day

Odelia POV

I start running quickly to school, almost tripping over gravel while running. I look at my watch. 7:30. Okay, I can make it to school in about 10 minutes. I stop and breathe in and out. Jeez, I do not have enough energy right now. I start to book it and after 2 minutes, I start seeing the familiar building called school. The school gets closer and closer and then I'm at the entrance, everyone walking away from their parents' cars. Most of them look luxury and some just look trashy. Eh, I don't judge.

Oh, forgot to walk again. I start walking through the path to the school.

My name is Odelia. I'm 16 years old and I have insomnia. There's no point in hiding it. I mean, have you seen me? I have the darkest and deepest eye bags and my walking is so jagged. I'm one of those "special" kids where I don't get to go to PE since they think I'll pass out right then and there.

I sigh as I shut my locker. I've done my whole morning routine twice already since I've been up so late and I can never sleep. I felt dirty so I did it one time and then another time so I won't have another lecture from my parents.

When I shut it and lock it, I get a blaring scream in my ear. "Odelia! Hey, girl!" I suddenly get hugged tightly. I hug her back, tiredly. "Hey, Teddy," I say, tiredly like always.

We let go from the excruciatingly tight hug and she starts rubbing the side of my shoulders, like I'm cold or something. Meet Teddy. Her real name is Theodora but no one calls her that, she has a very bad relationship with the name.

"Still no sleep," she asks me as we walk to her locker in a used to be comfortable silence. I nod my head slowly. I cling onto my reading book tightly against my chest, feeling the little pain on it.

"Yeah, you should've known that when we came back." I wipe my eyes from the dryness, some tears for moisture forming. I run a hand through my long red hair. I don't bother cutting it, my long hair is what covers my face and my tired eyes.

She sighs. "Yeah, well," she yawns, "I didn't get any sleep either," she stretches her arms out, causing them to look longer than they are.

"Parents fought agai-"

She interrupted me by putting a hand up. "Don't, O. I seriously don't want to talk about it. Let's just say they went too far with their fighting."

I don't bother to say anything anymore. I knew Teddy didn't want to talk about her parents since they always fought a lot at night but I was worried. What did she mean by they went too far?

"Oh, that reminds me! There's a new kid!" We arrive at her locker and when she opens it, I get curiosity roaming inside me. New kid, huh?

"Really? What's their name?" I didn't want to make assumptions and just call them he or she. She shuts her locker and we start walking to class.

"His name is Dalton." I stop in my tracks, causing Teddy to turn around, motioning for me to walk with me with face contortions.

"What's wrong? Why do you look like you don't like me right now?" I roll my eyes and then I start to explain.

"Dalton isn't new, he just didn't come to school for a couple of months." Teddy just looks at me with a blank face.

"Are you sure? I haven't seen him last year." Well, duh Teddy, I said he hasn't been here for months. But I didn't say that because I didn't want to be a smartass.

I don't say anything and then we arrive in our first class, Chemistry.

Dalton's POV

As I open my eyes, a lot of things are happening. My dad wakes up next to me and stares at me like it's all a dream. He readjusts his glasses and then yells, "Honey, Jefferson! Dalton's awake!" I suddenly hear a lot of thumping from the stairs and then my mom and brother Jefferson comes in. Mom covers her mouth with her veiny hand and walks over to me, putting a hand on my cheek.

"Welcome back, baby," she hugs me and I hug her back, hesitantly. I look over her shoulder and see that Jefferson already left. A frown plasters onto my face. I didn't even get a welcome back from him? What's up with that? He always gives me a bro hug and tells me that.

I instantly erase the frown when Mom pulls away with a smile. "Yea I'm back." I was pretty weak since I haven't woken up for a few months. I hope that everyone at school remembers me. I start to get up and get ready for school.

My name is Dalton and I'm 17 years old. I have a really rare syndrome called the "Sleeping Beauty" syndrome. This syndrome is when you fall asleep without waking up for months or even years.

I start to head out of the house to school when my mom starts to tear up. I asked,"What's wrong Mom?"

She says,"I'm just happy that my boy is going back to school after a few months of sleeping." My mom wipes away her tears and I went out and walked on my way to school.

This is my first chapter for my story. This is my first story and I hope that you guys will like it. My sister will also be helping too. I will be busy with school work so I will be working on my story only on the weekends. Zenya would be helping me so if it looks dumb,it would be her fault
Luna🐺