01

Serenity's pov

     I straighten my dress and take a deep breath. As I turn around the corner, I only see a woman. That's strange, I think to myself. He said he will be here.

     I text Brad asking where he is and I see the lady's phone buzzing too. Wow, what a coincidence! The lady then looks at me and smiles nervously.

     She stands up and walks towards me. "Hey, you must be Serenity!"

     I nod slowly, "Yeah, that's me. Who's asking?"

     She looks down, "Brad; Brad Lowley."

     "Oh, you know him? Yeah, I'm waiting for him too!"

     "Funny story, you see, I-I'm Brad."

     My eyes widen, "What?"

     "Yeah, I'm actually a lesbian."

     "I-I need an explanation as to why I'm here then."

     "I'm terribly sorry I got you into this, but my mom thinks I'm straight and she wants me to start dating more and socialize. So once I found Tinder, I was searching for a person with a personality that matches mine. In the end, I found you and also knew that you were straight. I badly wanted to talk to you so I pretended I was a guy named Brad Lowley just for you to notice me."

     I sighed as I tried to think of what to do next, "So you're telling me that I've been talking to a non-existent guy for four months now?"

     She let out a tear, "I'm so sorry, Serenity."

     I just left without saying anything. This is the twelvth time in a row this year! Every time I think that I've found the perfect person for me, It turns out that it's a catfish. Great, what a life I've got!

     I head to my car and slam the door shut. I rest my head on the steering wheel and just stay there for a while. Deep breaths, Serenity. Inhale and exhale.

     On the bright side, I guess I can keep the dress. It's a wine-colored long chiffon dress with a beaded cap sleeve and crystal beaded waist. I can save it for the right guy. He'll come by, Serenity, don't worry. I think it takes time, or it's just that I'm very unlucky with love.

     My dad works twenty-four seven therefore he never has time for me. I consider myself as home alone most of the time. I had to learn to take care of myself by the age of eleven. I learned how to cook, clean my room, go to school by myself, get a job to afford for everything etc.

      He also doesn't care about me, apparently I'm not good enough for him since he never has time for me. Time; it's the most important part of life that gets lost easily without people noticing it. It's like a flower just growing, it isn't beautiful yet so people don't acknowledge it. That's how time works, people don't appreciate it until it's too late. I feel like I'm that flower in this situation with my dad.