Lauren fumed back at me, her posture calm but I could see her eyes growing more intense by second, “Oh yeah? All I could see was you about to get killed! I just saved you from total humiliation and a black eye!“ She yelled back at me.

“You don’t get it, do you? I never asked you to save me! Do you seriously think that getting lifted up and carried away like a baby is anything less than embarrassing?” I was still seethed and my tone become lighter as a result of all the emotions. Who did se think she was to make those sort of decisions for me.

“I don’t know.” Lauren retorted and her anger seemed to lessen as her eyes were softer. “That’s what I am telling you.“ She explained and her eyebrows furrowed before she looked as if she had been able to come up with more reasons to be pissed. “You know what, I’m not even sure why I bothered to save your ungrateful ass.” 

“Then why didn’t you let me get my ungrateful ass kicked?” I demanded an answer as I was starting to get really upset.

I had no idea what possessed me to take a step in her direction, but the fury must have fueled my courage as I looked her straight in the eyes. She had no where to hide now as we stood there with our chest heaving, my pulse racing through the roof.

The atmosphere was tense and I didn’t know what was going through her head, but she looked at me almost…hungrily from where she stood and before my mind could process she had crashed her lips on mine. The kiss was a hard one and I could feel Lauren’s pure emotions on my lips. 

It all happened so fast that I didn’t manage to respond, let alone kiss back as she hurried to break the kiss. I fluttered my eyes open, only to briefly meet her fleeting gaze as she gave me one last pained look and fled the room. 

-

Lauren’s POV

I studied her features, her eyebrows were curled in frustration and I knew she was pissed at me, but confusing enough I had no idea why I was so angered with her. What I had done was totally uncalled for, but still I had done it.

My eyes landed on her plump lips for a split second and I could feel all this pent up tension inside of me and suddenly I had a strange urge to lean closer. Before I had decided on anything I was kissing her hard, a storm of butterflies erupting in my stomach and I was feeling the hard kiss down to my toes. The softness of her lips left me lightheaded.

Something wasn’t right though, no matter how good it felt Camila didn’t kiss me back and it was in that moment I moved away in realization, panic bolting through me as I met her puzzled eyes. After that I ran, quick and aimlessly.

Fuck. 

Shit shit shit. I cursed while running through the hallway, my eyes avoiding all faces as the voice in my conscious demolished every fibre of my body with guilt. Even if Luis and I had been taking a break lately I had no right to go around kiss whoever I wanted. 

Everything was suddenly so fucked up that I did the only thing that I knew would be successful in taking my mind of things, soccer.

I kicked the ball hard, causing it to draft through the air and for the hundred time I missed the goal by meters. “Fuck!” I screamed and allowed my body to fall to the ground backward. As I stared up at the sky I rubbed my face frustrated, You suck Lauren. I thought and laughed joylessly.

Regardless of my state I had myself to thank, which pissed me of even more as I got up to my feet and still filled with anger I grabbed another ball and placed it in front of me. I backed up a bit before running forwards and kicking the ball with such force that it vanished behind the fence, landing somewhere in-between the reeking containers.