2017

January 20

The inauguration of the forty-fifth President of Columbia becomes the most-viewed in the nation's history.  Viewers watched in person, via television broadcast, via internet streaming and included humans and aliens on Earth and within the Solar System.

January 25

The forty-fifth President of Columbia announces a major investigation into voter fraud believing three million illegal votes occurred.  The investigation is to probe the extraterrestrials residing in Columbia who have the ability to impersonate humans.

February 17

Extraterrestrials take in large numbers and riot in the nation of Sueonia.

March 4

The forty-fifth President of Columbia discovers he was under surveillance while a private citizen during the election process.  The President suspects loyalists to the previous administration still work in the federal offices.

March 12

The Senior Counsellor to the President of Columbia reveals that the surveillance of the forty-fifth President while he was a private citizen included the use of microwave ovens as cameras.

March 13

The Press Secretary of Columbia clarifies that surveillance of the forty-fifth President did not include wiretapping of telephones.