Chapter 1: Halloween Night

Harry Potter: United as One
Chapter 1: Halloween Night

Dedicated to my Aunt Marty Lugo who's love for Harry Potter pales only in comparison to her love for her family, even the Slytherin of the family, me! Love you Auntie Ravenclaw. And to the late Alan Rickman, nobody else could portray Professor Severus
Snape as well as you. Always.

Wormtail, otherwise known as Peter Pettigrew scurried in the darkness of Riddle Manor in search of one man, Severus Snape.

Peter cursed himself and his weakness, How could I betray Lily and James!? And little Harry not more than a day ago I watched him fly on the toy broom Sirius gave him. How could I have done this, I should've let the Dark Bastard kill me. The poor man
thought.

Truthfully Wormtail held out as long as he could. Withstanding Voldemort's Cruciatus Curse for a full thirty minutes. Not many could claim that and still be sane, although in his rat form his ears and tail wouldn't stop twitching.

Soon he came to the cellar of the Manor and found Severus Snape, nursing a bottle of brandy.

Wormtail reverted to his human form and narrowly dodged a curse from Snape.

"What do you want Rat!?" Snape demanded, his bloodshot eyes full of pain and remorse.

"To save the Potters." Peter stated simply.

Snape narrowed his eyes, Why would they need saving? Dumbledore swore he'd perform the Fidelius on... where was that again? Wormtail shouldn't even be here unless...

Snape charged at Wormtail and pinned him against the wall.

"What did you do!?"

"Malfoy. He saw me in Godric's Hollow and next thing I know I'm before Him receiving the Cruciatus Curse. I... I fought it I did. I even tried to bite off my tongue to keep from revealing the secret!"

Snape's already pale face seemed to drain of whatever color there was. He staggered backwards. Lily. That was all that was on his mind.

"Severus. The Potters are hiding at their family cottage in Godric's Hollow." Wormtail said clearly.

Snape's eyes widened in realization that Wormtail had revealed the Secret to him and the Dark Lord before him.

"We have to do something!" Snape shouted.

Wormtail hushed him and apparated them to Number 12 Grimmauld Place.

"Padfoot! Moony! Get over here!"

Sirius Orion Black and Remus John Lupin come racing from the hallway.

"Wormtail what happened? And why is Snivellus here?" Sirius asked with narrowing eyes.

"Sirius please. Let us explain." Wormtail pleaded.

"Black." Snape said as he tossed Sirius his wand, "We have little time and a big problem, I'm willing to put old hatreds aside. Are you?"

"Fine. But what in the hell is going on around here!?"

"It's Lily and Prongs. I told the secret..."

Remus Lupin a normally reserved and docile man lunged at his friend.

"YOU DID WHAT!?" the werewolf shouted.

"I should flay you where you are traitorous rat!" a distraught Sirius threatened

"And I'd deserve it! But first we have a chance to save the Potter's they're like family to me, so are you two."