Chapter 3

It was like being smacked in the face with a shovel, which trust me ain't fun. I finally managed to add one and one and actually get the right answer. What can I say maths isn’t my forte.  I'm one of them, that’s the only reason I'm here. Unless of course they are feeling a bit peckish. Hmm does she look hungry? Not really but then I ain't sure what a hungry vampire looks like. No wait this can’t be right, it’s not like I have ever had the urge to start sucking my best friends blood. But then I don’t actually have a best friend, I don’t have any friends. Yeah I get my weird cravings but no way am I blood sucker. Wow big mistake crazy lady with pointy teeth.

“Well as you think you’re so clever, here’s your room key and things you will need, off you go” she said smugly handing me a wad of paper and a key. She’s up to something; cautiously I took the things from her. Her sweet smile returned but her eyes remained cold and mocking. I seriously don’t like this woman; she’s crazy on like five million different levels. Let’s just hope it’s not catching because I have been sharing the same air space as her for at least 15 minutes now.

I quickly left the room and started back the way she had brought me. Did I pass that weird statue on the way here? I’m not sure, surely I would remember something like that. Within minutes I was lost and her so called map might as well be in a different language for all the help its being. Why do they need so many corridors anyway? And you’d think that if they were going to build a school this big they would at least create sign posts or something! There’s not even any letters or numbers on the doors. That stupid woman knew exactly what she as doing. It’s not even funny! She’s a teacher, well I think she is, which means she is supposed to help the students! Admittedly she is a crazy psycho teacher with very abnormal pointy teeth but none the less she is a teacher! I kicked the wall in frustration and groaned when pain shot through my foot. Stupid hard walls.

I walked around the next corner having completely given up on trying to find my way around and just decided to wander aimlessly hoping somehow I will just stumble upon the dormitory’s when I caught sight of two students wrapped around each other clearly making out. I immediately looked away not even wanting to think about where his hand is. “Why don’t you get a room!” I shouted at the offensive pair wishing I could just do that because I’m getting real bored of walking around this stupid place. I barged past them not even bothering to look at their shocked expressions. I swear I heard one of them hiss. Ok they are just a little weird.

A hand grabbed my shoulder and spun me around, their fingers digging into me cruelly. “What the hell is your problem?” I asked the tall skinny pale girl in front of me. I gripped her wrist shocked at how cold it was and pull her hand from me giving it a painful twist before releasing her. Her eyes were black like her hair making her look even paler. The boy she had been with stood slightly to our left leaning against the wall blatant disgust in his eyes when he met my gaze. What is wrong with these people, they don’t even know me and they already hate me. Yes soon as they do get to know me they will hate me but they are jumping the gun a little. “What the hell is your problem” she sneered.

“You’re the one getting it on in the corridor like a total slut!” I retorted feeling nothing but pure hatred and distrust towards this girl.

“Take that back you bitch!” she shrieked stomping her foot like a five year old. Ha real mature, I'm sure her boyfriend is real impressed with her mature behaviour. I sure as hell wouldn’t be if I was her boyfriend. “I am not a slut, for your information I'm his bride” she said sticking her nose in the air.

“You’re his what?” I asked completely dumbfounded.

“His bride, you know vampire bride. Are you like thick or something?” she asked. I clenched my fist, pulled it back and cracked her straight in the face. Nobody calls me thick. I felt something in my hand crack loudly and painfully. White hot pain searing through my hand. I broke my bloody hand! And there she stands with nothing more than a slightly red mark on her nose from me hitting her. How is that even possible? She smiled widely at me, two white tips coming out from under her top lip. More crazy people with fangs, seriously. The boy behind her was shaking his head and laughing silently at my bemused expression. This just ain't right, I hit her, hard and I'm the one in pain. I was too preoccupied with my own thoughts that I didn’t notice her own fist coming towards me until it was too late. More pain and the definite crack of my nose. Oh that does, I launched myself at her knocking her to the floor with me on top of her and lashed out at every part of her I could reach. Everything around me just became a haze as the adrenaline pumped through my body. I was too far gone to notice the pain from her hits or the shouting around us. I just let the instinct inside of me take over, telling me when to duke and where to hit her back for maximum damage. Everything else around me just became a blur and all sound switching off. I pair of arms wrapped around me trying to pull me off of her, then another set grabbing my arm in mid-air stopping my next hit. I lashed out at the people restraining me but they refused to let go. My elbow connecting with a set of ribs when they managed to completely pull me off of her. She wasn’t giving up that easy, she jumped to her feet taking a swing at me, I waited until the last second before I lifted my leg and kicked her in the ribs, hard. Arms reached for her as well and began dragging her away. She disappeared around one corner as I was dragged around the other.

My chest is heaving and I know I will be sore as hell in the morning but I don’t care because it was worth it. “Calm down” a male voice commanded me from somewhere behind me. I could feel myself starting to shake from all the excess adrenaline in my body. “Where are we taking her sir” another voice asked.

“My office, she needs to get herself under control and will need patching up” the same person said who told me to calm down. Oh no I ain't, I'm not going nowhere with them. The only place I'm going is out of this lunatic asylum. Time to escape. I focused on getting my breathing under control and relaxed in their grip. “Well done, see it’s not that hard to calm down” the guy in charge said patting me lightly on the shoulder. What does he think I am, a dog? I kept up the facade for a few more seconds lulling them into a false sense of security. The corridor spilt up into lots of different directions just ahead, perfect.

I wrenched myself from their grasps and took off ignoring their shouts for me to stop. I rounded the corner and ran straight into something rock hard and hit the floor with a thump. I glared angrily at the tall pale guy looming over me. What is with these people! Before I could even get to my feet he had me pressed up against the wall in a dizzyingly fast move. One minute I was on the floor the next I was pressed up against the wall, I don’t even know about the bit in between. Somehow he looks oddly familiar, and really pissed off. I folded my arms and continued to glare at him. My aching backside now adding to my list of injuries.

 With his lightning speed he had a hand around my throat applying enough pressure to make me uncomfortable but not quite enough to choke me. I heard the ones that had been holding me come to a stop on my right. “You hurt my bride” the guy in front of my snarled his fingers flexing around my throat. Oh now I remember who he is, he was the one getting it on with the little slut in the corridor. “You should thank me for improving her face for you” I said shrugging. He growled and tightened his grip cutting off my air supply. “Steven, stop now!” the one in charge on my right shouted coming into my field of vision. I dug my nails into has hard cold arm trying to get him to let go as I choked. Steven didn’t say anything. My lungs began to burn and my vision started to go blurry. The guy in charge grabbed hold of Stevens arm trying to get him to let go. He finally let go and I slumped to the floor gasping and rubbing my throat.

A tanned hand appeared in front of me. Huh, like I want their help. I pulled myself to my feet ignoring the hand. “You sure are a stubborn one aren’t you” the guy said who offered me his hand. I looked at them all properly for the first time noticing something. They didn’t look like the other vampires, they looked normal.

This chapter is dedicated to XHearMeRawrX as she made the awesome book cover for me!

Thank You for reading! Please dont forget to fan, comment and vote x