Chapter 1

"I've been this way for a couple of months now. I don't want to feel this anymore. I want to change but, I can't. Every time I've been there, I let go. It feels like there is something stopping me. It feels like i'll be like this forever. I want to change. But I can't, I really can't. I want to"

She paused. She can't type the next word and fear invades her. She is in her room alone just like what she used to. Her laptop is her company all along. A drop fell in her hand. Unconsciously, she is crrying. This is usual. She is always been this way now. Please stop. Words that shouts in her mind over and over again but the falling of her tears won't stop. Just like a flowing river that never ends. She goes to bed and tries to sleep. Thoughts, past events, what ifs, and if ever sentences cloud her mind. She starts to cry even more.

It is already 6 AM and the alarm starts to ring. She wakes up like there was nothing happened a night before, like there were no tears fell, like there were no thoughts, no heartbreak, and no nightmare.

She prepared and went outside to go to her job, a relation manager.

"Hi Chloe!" A greeting from behind. "Hi Mia!" She replied. It is a typical day at the office. Ton of papers in her desk to review, clients' details and schedules, and busy officemates.

"Lunch meeting at 12, Gallery at 3, Business meeting at 5" as she goes on to her list.

"You have so much for today. I think you need a break maybe for just a day. Let's go somewhere. you know."

"Mia, I can do this. This is my job and I have energy." Then she winked. Mia is her bestfriend way back to college until now. She has fair skin, long hair and a bright red highlights. She is beautiful indeed and always wears a smile. Just like what a real bestfriend do, she stays with her through hardships and brokenhearts.

"Ok, you say so." Mia replied and get back on her business.

"I'll go now. I can't be late. Bye."