"Hey Sam, Jared are you ready?" Jared was frowning but he nodded.

"Hannah, it's good to see you." Sam smiled and Hannah shot him a confused look. They saw each other just last night.

"Um, you too. Bye." She waved and followed Jared to the door. Instead of holding his hand this time she slid her hand around his bicep as they walked.

"You didn't look happy to be talking to him," Hannah said and Jared sighed.

"He's going to break Leah's heart," Jared said and Hannah frowned.

"What, how?" Hannah asked.

"He's going to break up with her. When I asked how things were going he said not great and then basically unloaded their problems on me." Jared said and Hannah winced.

"I had the opposite of that in the bathroom. Leah thinks he's going to propose." Hannah told Jared and he sighed.

"He should stop playing her around like that," Jared said. They reached his car and he opened the door for her making her smile. When he got in the other side he put the key in the ignition and frowned when the car didn't start up.

He tried again but got nothing. He groaned and rested his head against the steering wheel.

"This is honestly just my luck." Jared laughed but Hannah wasn't laughing. One look at her watch told her it was already nine thirty. She was already pushing her luck.

"I'm gonna have to call someone to come get us, man Hannah I'm so sorry." Jared smiled and Hannah forced a smile onto her lips.

"Try Paul, I'm gonna call my Dad and let him know I'll be home late." Hannah stepped out of the car and walked away from it with her phone to her ear.

"Hannah, is everything okay?" Her dad answered instantly.

"Jared's car has broken down. Paul is gonna come get us but I won't be home until well after midnight." She didn't beat around the bush because she knew he wouldn't like it.

"That's okay, are you sure Paul is coming?" He asked and she sighed. It wasn't okay, she could hear it in his voice.

"Yeah, Jared just called him. I'm really sorry Daddy." She whispered.

"I'm sure you are. It's okay Han, we'll talk about it when you get home." He hung up and Hannah stayed facing away from Jared as she tried to collect herself.

Hannah had only stayed out past curfew once before and every time she thought about it her gut twisted and she felt sick.

"Paul's on his way," Jared called and Hannah turned to face him and nodded.

"Would you like to go back to the diner?" She asked and he nodded, locking up his car. Hannah held Jared's hand to stop her's from shaking but she didn't find the same comfort in it that she had before.

~@~

"I feel like a parent having to drive their kid to a date," Paul commented idly. Hannah was between them both and had her knees pulled up to her chest and her head on Jared's shoulder.

"For that, we're not telling you the gossip we found at the movies." Jared teased and Hannah rolled her eyes. They were worse than old women.

"For that, you can walk the rest of the way." Paul retaliated and Jared laughed. He did his best to stop his shoulders from shaking for her benefit and Hannah smiled sleepily.

"Sam and Leah have two very different opinions on how their relationship is going," Jared told Paul and he frowned, shooting Hannah a look.

"You met them at the movies?" He asked.