Jamie peered from behind another rack of dresses. A brow quickly cocked. "I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that shit."

"What?"

"Henry, it's homecoming! Not prom!"

Henry rolled his eyes, placing the dress back on the rack. "Well, at least you have an idea of what I want you to wear for prom."

"Nah, boo boo. You got homecoming. I'll take care of prom."

In a flash, Henry was at her side. "So that means we're going to prom?"

"Well," she sighed. "It all depends on how homecoming goes. You know I don't like these things."

"It's gonna go well," he smiled, laying his head against her shoulder as she continued browsing through the dresses. "You're gonna slay. I just know you are."

The hangers scraping against the rod ceased. "This. I have to try this on."

Jamie walked down the short runway by the dressing room. All the while, Henry stood in awe.

"Yas, honey," Henry beamed. "Didn't I say you were gonna slay. You'll make heads turn in this here, honey boo boo child."

"It's a little loose around the waist though," Jamie pulled the side of the dress demonstrating the poor fitting.

"They can alter it. Let me grab someone."

Once completely alone, Jamie twirled in the mirror. It did look nice on her. It hugged her in all the right places, showing off the curves she was blessed with.

Still, deep down she wondered what everyone else would think. She wasn't exactly skinny, nor was she overweight. Just a tad bit thicker than most.

A seamstress strut into view. She quickly introduced herself, before pulling out her measuring tape.

"Your bust is 34," she moved the tape down around her waist. "29 at the waist aaaand 42 at the hip." The seamstress, Claire, peered up at her. "Wanna loan me some of that booty meat?"

Jamie blushed profusely. "If I could, trust me, I would."

Claire cut her eyes at her as she fiddled with the dress, pinning it where it needed to be tightened. "Girl, folks are dying to have a nice bum."

"I keep trying to tell her that!" Henry piped up.

"Hush it," she pointed at him through the mirror.

"When do you need the alterations done by?" Claire asked, fiddling with the top of the dress.

"Thursday, if possible."

"I can do that," she nodded. "Im just going open the top up a bit so you won't be too constricted, then tighten the waist."

After leaving Glitz, the two noticed it was only 7:30, so they decided on a light snack. No food court shit was Henry's only concern.

They ended up traveling to place closer to home, a nearby cafe.