chapter one- "do you mind if i draw your face?"

chapter one - "do you mind if i draw your face?"

 -

Aidriel stared at himself in the mirror with a frown, "I can't go out looking like this." shaking his head at his reflection, he turned away and lifted his Attila band shirt up and over his head. He threw it on the floor of his room and grabbed a black A Day To Remember shirt out of his closet and put that over his bare, pale chest. "Much better."

Grabbing his mobile, car keys, wallet and ear buds off his bed side table he left it room and stomped down the stairs to the kitchen, "Let's go, twin, we're going to be late." he lightly punched his older twin in the back and grabbed the piece of buttered toast his mum was holding out to him and gave her a nearly silent thank you. "Bye, Mum, see you... later?"

"Saturday," she corrected, "I have to drive up to Tahoe for work. You boys will have the house to yourselves the rest of the week - when I come back, this house better be standing or I'm whooping some ass, you got it?"

"Yes, Mummy," Aidriel nodded and kissed her cheek before taking a bite of his toast. His brother getting up from the table and following him out the door.

Once outside, the cool November LA air swept through Aidriel's hair and he smiled and looked up at the clouds above his head. Rain clouds - oh, how Aidriel loved he rain. Holding his toast and keys in his hand, he unlocked the driver's side of the car and got in at the same time he unlocked his brother's passenger door with the press of a button.

"Are you not bringing your back pack?" he asked, looking at Aidriel with his eyebrows raised as Aidriel started the car and buckled in his seatbelt. Aidriel shook his head and backed out of the driveway.

"It's in the boot," Aidriel replied and jutted his chin towards the back. "Derek, lean back a bit, I can't see the side mirror." Derek sat back in the seat and Aidriel pulled out onto the main road and turned on the radio.

The ride to school was silent with the twins listening to the rock station that played songs from bands ranging from Rise Against to KoRn and many others - and for once, the station was actually playing good songs in Aidriel's opinion.

Pulling into the school's car park, Aidriel parked quickly, turned off the car and got out at the same time Derek did. Opening the boot of his car, he grabbed his neatly placed back pack and slung it over his shoulder before slamming the boot shut and locking his car with a press of a button on his key.

Walking into the school building he smiled at the girl walking towards him with a smile. He hadn't a clue as to who she was, but he returned the smile nonetheless, not wanting to be rude.

Slipping through the crowd of people near his locker, he jammed the locker key inside and twisted it, hearing the familiar click and he opened it. Pursing his lips at the sight of his locker that held a couple of books, taped on band stickers and his friends' messages and signatures signed on the metal inside the locker with Sharpie.

Aidriel unzipped his back pack and grabbed out his binder from his back pack along with a pencil, a Biro, a rubber and a pack of 0.5 lead. He threw his back pack inside the locker once he got out the things he needed and slammed his locker shut, locking it before making his way to his first class of the day when the bell rang.

Manoeuvring through the hoard of people moving towards him, he made it to his Algebra class the moment the bell rang and Aidriel groaned when his teacher shook his head and clicked away at the key board - marking the seventeen year old late for his class. Again.

"Late again, I see," the teacher said with a bored tone, "take your seat, Mr Sunderland." he pointed to the seat in the front left centre of the room and Aidriel groaned. He usually sat in the back and zoned out and the teacher wouldn't notice him.