Chapter 1: Livestream

I sigh tiredly and unlock the door to my apartment. God I hate working at Starbucks. It's always so busy, and all of the costumers are stuck up, and every little thing you do has to be perfect, and I always smell like coffee, which gets really annoying after a while. 

I step inside and grab the mail at my feet. I throw it on the counter, and go into my room to change. I slip on a simple red T-shirt and some plain, baggy blue jeans. Yep. All clothes for guys. Deal with it. 

I go back into my living room and turn on my laptop. Tyler told me this morning that today they're doing their February charity live stream for St. Jude. Unfortunately, I had to miss the first seven hours or so. I turn on the live stream to them playing some SpongeBob game, and I open up a different tab to the donation site where I donate about $30. 

I watch as the three boys say stupid shit, and mess around and stuff, and nearly die from laughter as I always do when I watch their videos. I decided to tweet something out to them.

Hope you guys reach your goal. Donated as much as I could. Tell I Tyler I said what's up. #IStandWithMarksThiccNeck

"Hey Tyler isn't this your sister?" Mark asks as he shows Tyler his phone which most likely has my tweet on it. Tyler's face lit up when he saw that it was me.

"Oh my God that is her! I haven't talked to her in forever!" Tyler said. It's true. We've only had small conversations here and there, but haven't truly talked since he moved out. I smile at how excited he is to hear from me. I've never tried to converse much with him much because I always knew he was really busy working with Mark and all.  

"Tyler has a sister?" Ethan asks. Tyler nods. I glance over and see a lot of people in the chat wanting him to talk about me.

 Amy seems to notice because she says, "Everyone wants you to talk about her, Tyler." Tyler looks at Mark and Mark looks back at Tyler. 

"I don't see why not." Tyler says.

"I dunno man, do you think she's cool with that?" Mark asks.

"Oh I know for a fact that she doesn't give a shit." Tyler says. I laugh because it's true. "I have a younger sister, Dani. She's been my best friend my entire life, and even Mark gets along with her well. It's really saddening because I haven't gotten to talk to her for five months or so, and it just makes me wish I appreciated the times we had together more. I mean don't get me wrong, I always loved being with her, but at the time I was kind of just being a stupid kid and not really paying attention to how much she meant and still does mean to me." He says as his expression gets a little serious. 

"In a way this particular charity live stream really makes me think of her since it's for St. Jude, and Dani has recently overcome leukemia. I think about six or seven months ago she was officially cancer free." He continues. I run my hand through my shoulder length hair. It's actually growing back really fast.

"That's brutal man." Ethan says out of sympathy. Tyler shrugs.

"I hurts me more to think that I wasn't there to help her or watch her heal as much as I wanted to. I was so focused on the move to L.A. at the time. I didn't even make it to her survival celebration party thing because I was too busy packing and stuff." He says out of shame. I sigh. If only there was a way that I could tell him not to put himself down so much about it.

I watch for the next couple of hours, and soon have to go find something to have for dinner. I just say fuck it and go to McDonald's because I'm too lazy to do anything.  A couple of hours later around 2 in the morning, yes I'm still awake, while typing a college report on my computer, a Skype call pops up. I open it up to see a face I never expected to see.

"Tyler? Wow, uh, hey!" I say in astonishment.

"Hey Dani! I thought I'd Skype you since haven't talked in forever."

"You've never considered calling me before...is this out of guilt for the live stream incident today?" I ask while cocking an eyebrow.

"I mean, maybe, but that's besides the point. Anyways, how have you been?" He asks. I shrug.

"Eh, I've been alright. Work's been boring, and I'm slipping on paying my bills for college. I've been getting lots of notices. I'm probably gonna drop out, cause I'm gonna get kicked out anyways." I say with a shrug.

"Ah I'm sorry about that." He says.

"Nah it's all good. So, how's it been working with the almighty Markiplier?" I ask.

"You know how it is with him, just fucking around all day" He says with a chuckle. "Oh yeah there's someone I'd like you to meet, I'll be right back." And just like that, he went off camera. He comes back pushing a blue haired boy, Ethan is who I recognize him as, into the room. 

"Dani, this is Ethan. Ethan, Dani." He says. I give a crooked smile, which apparently looks almost identical to Tyler's, and wave a little.

"Hi I'm Ethan." He says with a smile.

"DANI!" I hear someone scream, and then Mark bursts into the room.

"Hey Mark!" I say with a smile.

"Oh my God it's been so long!" Mark says with a big smile as he squeezes his face between his hands. I laugh in response.

"So, Dani, have you checked your mail yet?" Tyler asks. I shake my head.

"No, why?" I ask. 

"Well then go check!"

"Alright alright!" I say before getting up and grabbing my mail. I shuffle through the pile. Bill, bill, bill, bill, college fee notice, bill ,bill. I then reach a little blue envelope from Tyler Scheid to Dannica Scheid. I grab it and walk back to my laptop.

"It's an early birthday present since you're turning 21 in a few days." Tyler says as I open it. I look up and everyone is smiling. I finally rip open the package, and pull out one ticket to LA.