Chapter 1: Wish Upon A Star

3 years ago,

I was having a walk on my grandmother’s garden. Searching for new flowers to pick on. Every summer I come to Hokkaido, Japan to visit my grandmother since my parents are very busy at work and someone needs to be with us since we were still very young. My grandmother’s garden is the best place to be when you’re depressed. Whenever I was down, I come here to cry my heart out. Grandmother’s garden was so peaceful. It has many different kinds of flowers like roses, tulips, sunflowers, accacia, jasmines, lemon mint, and others. I usually pick the roses and the lemon mints because of their fragrant smell. It’s nice for the lungs. So while I was searching for new flowers, it suddenly became very windy. When I looked up, the sky was bright sky blue. Suddenly, I saw a bright line like a diamond sparkling. It was a shooting star or a wishing star.

I can’t believe my eyes. A wishing star at 10:30 in the morning? This was amazing. The wishing star was going downwards from the sky. I don’t think it’ll hit anything because it was dissapearing everytime it went down more. So I decided to make a wish.

“Hey! Wishing star! Wait! I want to make a wish!” I cried out while running towards it.

“huff..huff..huff.. I wish! I wish to experience true love!”

I’m Sapphire Rena Stone. I’m in the middle of two idiot brothers. My older brother, Zack Rick Stone, he’s 17 and he’s a very “cool” type of guy he says. But for me, he’s an idiot. My younger brother, Zeak Ron Stone, he’s 10 and he acts like a child. Playing his transformer toys and spongebob cards. But in school, he’s like a playboy. And me? Well. I’m just an ordinary 15 year old girl who wants to find true love. Yes, the one I wished for when I was young. I guess you’ll wonder why I wished for that before. You see, 4 years ago, I had a boyfriend. His name was Felix Diesel. I guess by his surname you already know that he’s the owner of the famous gasoline station, Diesel. Well anyways, he confessed to me at February, 15, 2008. I was at my room that time reading my favorite book, Prom and Prejudice, when someone threw a stone at my window. When I looked out, I saw him with his friends. He was holding a mike and his friends were playing the guitar. The song was “At The Beginning”. He sang these lyrics.

Life is a road

And I want to keep going

Love is a river

I wanna keep flowing

Life is a road

Now and forever

Wonderful journey

I'll be there

When the world stops turning

I'll be there

When the storm is through

In the end I wanna be standing

At the beginning with you.

I was so shocked. I had a crush on him for like 2 years already. I can’t believe this. We were close friends before he did this. I fell for his sweet and charming attitude. He was perfect.

“Will you be my girlfriend, Sapphire?” Felix shouted.

“YES.” I shouted back from my room.

We lasted 8 months. What happened? He fell in love with another girl, Jessica Job. Jessica was the smartest girl in our batch. She has everything a guy always wanted. Looks, brains, attitude. I lost to her. That was why 3 years ago, I wished for true love. It took me almost a year to moved on. He was my first love. It was so hard to forget him. My friends kept comforting me that time but everytime I saw them, I would cry non-stop. I was hoping making that wish would make things better. But it didn’t. I guess wishing stars weren’t true.