Chapter Six

My sobs were turning into hiccups now when I let Ceres out of my arms. She jumped onto the bed while I stayed on the floor and we were now eye level with each other. We sat in silence not really knowing what to say but I knew what she wanted to ask, but I would not be able to answer her, not until they were willing to listen.

" I'm not able to tell you."

She closed her eyes and let out a small sigh " I knew you would not answer, but when I heard the other scouts talk about you. I was not able to believe it until I saw you and yes I was angry at you for what you did, but now when I look at you, I know you did it only to save them." She tilted her furry little head to the side " Am I correct?"

My eyes widened at the small little speech she gave me and she couldn't be more correct, but what scared me the most was what the others must have thought throughout the years of me not communicating with them when they tried and ignoring all their calls and texts. Bringing my knees closer to me while I leaned against the bed I place my hand over the pendant not knowing how I should begin to explain.

" I still have it you know." It sounded like a question when I finally voiced it out.

Ceres looked to me not really knowing by what I mean. Carefully bringing the pendant out, my fingers slowly begin to release their cage from the pendant I glanced over at the only being that I can call my friend. She jumps down from the bed and begins to sniff at the pendant and places her paw on the crystal that lays in the middle of the once beautiful item I have ever had.

" After everything, you still have it?" She glances up at me.

I nod my head in agreement " It will not transform me, I'm afraid."

" What do you mean?"

" What I mean is" taking a deep breath " The power was taken in a form of agreement to save my friends."

Ceres looks toward the ground as if trying to figure out a plan. " And even if I wanted to say the magical words and become her again, I would be breaking a cursed promise to the man who stole my power." With the anger boiling inside of me I clenched the delicate item " But I swear to the moon that I will gain my power and not only that, but I will save my friends and defeat the evil that is among us."

Ceres' pov

As I stared at the young girl before me I could see the spark that she once had inside of her as she transformed into the sailor princess that I knew one day would be returned to us.