Swan Lake

"Cecilia! I want you in the front. Peter, the choreographer said." We were rehearsing the ballet Giselle. I had a role as one of the willis. As one of Myrtha's two helpers.

I walked up to the front, and stood ready to do the choreography.

"Alright let's begin." the pianist started playing the music from the entrance of the Willis and we all started dancing.

As always, I got the steps perfectly. For me, dancing was like breathing. Necessary and easy. It was fun, even though it was demanding.

After rehearsal, all of the girls were going to audition for swan lake. One of the ballerinas had become ill, and couldn't dance for the next six months. All the female soloists were auditioning. Some of them were actually very good, but my best opponent were Charlie. We were what you could call rivals, we were not enemies, and she was quite nice, but it had always been between the two of us. You could say that she had the best technique, but I was the best actor.

We begun by learning a part of one of Odette's solos and then we learned Odile's coda and solo.

The music played and I started dancing. I knew every step, twist and turn. I felt Odette's desperation and love for the prince. It felt like I got wings. Suddenly the music was over. For some reason everyone were giving me this strange look.

"Did I do something wrong?" I thought, but shrugged it of. Maybe I had just messed up the choreography, like I usually did when I did swan lake.

Next up were Odile's coda. We had to get as many fouettés as possible.

When it was my turn, I placed myself in the middle of the floor.

The fouettés went great, and I got some jealous glares from some of the other soloists.

After the audition this girl, probably an apprentice, came up to me.

"Excuse me, do you know where Peter Martins' office is?"

"Yes, I'll follow you," I smiled. "Are you new here?"

"Yep, I graduated from SAB a couple of months ago," she said.

"Oh, well, nice to meet you, I'm Cecilia," I smiled and shook her hand.

"Amber." She smiled.

We talked a bit as I walked to Peter's office.

She told me that she had recently turned 16, and that she lived with her sister Charlie, who was a soloist.

"So you're Charlie's baby sister?" I asked.

"Yes, she is my inspiration," she said with stars in her eyes.

"Yeah, her technique is very good," I smiled.

"You think so? I thought you were enemies or something." She said, her eyes full of wonder.

I laughed. "Everyone assumes we hate each other, but we're actually very good friends."

"Oh." She said.

We kept on walking until we reached Peter's office. She walked inside and I went to the women's wardrobe to change out of my dancing clothes. Then I took the subway home. I lived in an apartment 5 minutes away from NYC ballet so it didn't take long.

After I got home, I took a short shower and changed into my PJ's and went to my small kitchen to make myself some food. After eating I went to bed.

All I could think of was the main role of Swan Lake.
------------------------------------------------
There you go. The first chapter of Satin and fur.
I know my chapters are short, but right now I just want to get started and it seemed like a good place to end the story, also right now I think that if the chapters are very short I am able to update several times a week, because of my busy life.

Satin and furजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें