fifteen {edited}

A scream fell from Dana's scream that tore at Owen's heart as they watched Blue fall and fail to get back up

A scream fell from Dana's scream that tore at Owen's heart as they watched Blue fall and fail to get back up. "No!" She yelled and struggled against Zach, who relentlessly held her to his chest. Echo roared furiously and ran to Dana to guard her protectively, her intelligent green eyes were wide and alert. Delta, powered by the fall of their beta, charged at the Indominus.

Owen looks at the dinosaur and gives one high pitch whistle and they both charge forward without a second thought. She launched herself at the Indominus providing a distraction for them to take off running. Grey dives into one of the souvenir stands nearby in a way that would have been amusing if not for their situation.

Zach pulled a thrashing Dana to the gift shop to cover them both, his hand clapped over her mouth to silence her protests. She bit him, his glare made her back down and fight for another cause. Dana collapses next to Gray, suddenly exhausting until she realizes that she's bleeding from the gash on her leg, she can hear faintly Owen shooting his gun from outside the shack. Sounds and colors clash as her vision swims in and out. She also hears Grey quietly counting next to her.

"Eighty-six," he whispers to himself and something finally dawns on him. "We need more," he announces brilliantly, his green eyes wide and alert. Claire whips around to face her nephew in confusion.

"More what?" she asks, brows raised curiously.

"Teeth. We need more teeth," he says simply. Dana's face goes blank but Zach and Grey can see the gears turning in her brilliant mind, and they sure they would like which ones were aligning.

They needed more teeth. Velociraptors had twenty-eight teeth each. Foxtrot, a new name for the Indominus created and patented by Dana, had almost seventy.

She gasps and springs up, grabbing a walkie-talking, "Stay here." She flashes Zach a wicked grin before she disappeared, his yells followed her as she ran. Echo squawks loudly and follows her, flanking the young girl to protect her. She rushes for the emergency box mounted on the kiosk wall and pulls out the flare, not uncapping it just yet.

Owen jumped over the kiosk where he others are hiding. Grey is holding his breath as the predator stomps by, one horribly heavy footstep at a time. They've lost another raptor, Delta, but they don't know it just yet. "Where's Dana?" Claire was afraid to answer but she told him. Owen swore under his breath and turned to look at Claire over the heads of the children, he looks her dead in the eyes and whispers "Claire, if we make it through this I want to get married."

"What?!" Claire and her nephews chime at once.

"I don't know." He seems as shocked as the rest. "It's just, it's been a long day, and I really want to marry you, Claire."

Her brow knits in confusions and her mouth opens, clearly she trying to form a response, "Okay." She finally says nodding, "Lets get married."

He smiled victoriously with a grin that she happily returned. Foxtrot roared in fury as a petite brunette and an orange velociraptor race past, Owen is equal parts angry and proud of his infuriatingly independent daughter. Dana knew she couldn't risk anyone else's life. She can do this, he had all the faith in the world in her.

Dana ran as fast as she could to paddock nine, the Tyrannosaurus Rex Enclosure, their resident T-rex had ever been the star attraction, having been on the island for more twenty years, it was rumered that she was left from the Original park.

She was sadden when she thought of the T-Rex being caged after so long in freedom. Well she'd get to taste that freedom again tonight, for however long it lasted. She lights the fuse on the flare after dialing the control room on her phone, "Lowry!" She hissed, her voice unsteady, "I need you to open paddock nine."

"Dana are you crazy! Paddock nine?!"

"Just do it! Now!" She yelled, her eyes clenching shut as she rested her head on Echo's cool skin.

There's no answer over the phone, but the paddock door opens. Slowly, so slowly it opens, and Dana hears the T-Rex, she helpfully named it Bravo, and she sees all the teeth. Sixty. That's how many teeth she counted in Bravo's terrifying mouth.

She turned and bolted, Bravo roaring loudly behind her, Echo growling and nipping at her heels to keep her moving. The gash on her leg throbbed viciously and her lungs burned but she was almost there, she could blurrily see the shape of Foxtrot; she had lost a lot of blood. Someone screamed her name, Echo pushed on her back to knock her down before running off with Blue and Bravo. Dana briefly noticed the torch leave her hand and fly in the direction of Foxtrot.

She scrambled to cover her head as amber rocks exploded and cam crashing down over her. A scream left her lips as the two large prehistoric dinosaurs battled it out, Echo and a newly recovered Blue helped by attacking the weak points. Owen had come over the gift stand to tug his child to safety, covering her with his body against the war that waged on behind him.

Something thudded against the wall next to them, Owen looked to see Echo staring at him with unseeing eyes, he looked away and held his daughter closer, cradling her head to his chest. "I've got you, bud, we're going to be okay."

Her head landed limply against his shoulder, tears fell from his eyes when he saw that she had lost consciousness. "Dana?" His voice cracked as the metaphorical dam broke releasing his tear ducts.

"Wake up!" He shook her, his heart nearly stopped beating completely when her eyes fluttered open. "Papa?" Her voice was weak, "I'm tired." Whispered Dana, her lips were white against the starkness of her pale face. He smiled down at her, briefly looking up when he saw the Mosasaurus snatch the Indominus from the T-Rex and drag her into the water.

"It's alright, kid, sleep now." His deep, familiar voice comforted her, some else took her hand and brushed her hair back before she was lost to a sea of empty dreams.