Chapter Eleven

Gabriella's POV

  I sat there, crying. I wasn't okay. Not this time. Ryan left me.. I didn't know why. He told me that he took Jack and that he had the legal right. I didn't know how that was possible but I wasn't in the condition to argue. I couldn't do anything about anything that was happening. I thought about Troy. About all the times we spent together. All the memories we shared, all the love, the joy, and the happiness. I didn't know what happened in my mind to make me thing Ryan was better for me than Troy was. Troy was supposed to be my soulmate, my everything. And he was.

Sometimes you don't realize what you had until its gone.

Troy's POV

  I lay on my bed, throwing my basketball up and down. I was just thinking. I truly missed Gabriella. It had been a year without her. We never even got divorced. I thought about the incident with Ryan. It still brought tears to my eyes. And then I realized, this was my fault. If I hadn't acted like a jerk that summer, nothing would've happened between Ryan and Gabriella. I missed little Jack... He wasn't mine... That would hurt me more than anything for the rest of my life. But Gabriella. I should've never treated her like that. Maybe that day in her backyard in senior year, when she said she had some decisions to make, she was going to tell me. I didn't know. But I did know that I couldn't go on like this. I heard that Ryan left Gabriella. I thought I remembered Sharpay telling me that, saying she didn't deserve anyone because even Ryan left her. No matter what she did, I couldn't have her feeling like no one loved her. Because I loved her. This was crazy, and stupid of me, but I had to do it. I got up, got into my truck, and drove all the way to Gabriella's house. I climbed up her porch and stood there, seeing her crying. Then I called her on the phone. She looked at it and wiped away a few tears. "Troy?"

  "Look, Gabriella, I heard about Ryan. And about Jack..." I took a deep breath. "I miss you. And I still love you. You hurt me, so much, but I can't go on like this. I want to give us another try."

  "Really...? I-I don't know, Troy," she said quietly.

  "Well, you should say yes. Because.. I brought you something."

  I saw her eyebrows narrow. "What do you mean?"

  "Gabriella, I think you should remember what you do next."

  Slowly, she turned around and a smile grew on her face. She opened the porch, and I could only do one thing. I started to sing to her.

  "This could be the start of something new. It feels so right to be here with you... Oh, and now looking in your eyes, I feel in my heart the start of something.... new."

  She smiled at me as we both remembered the day I did this to her, when I was apologizing to her. "Well, I don't have a pair's audition this time," I said and we both laughed. Then my face became serious. "But I do have an apology," I said softly. A confused expression could easily be read on her face. "Look, I..."

  She cut me off. "Troy, everything you did was right. I understand. I'm the one who should be apologizing. I'm so, so sorry. I didn't mean for-"

  "I know," I said softly. "I have known you for years.
"You'd never do that to mean any harm. I love you, Gabriella."

  "I love you too. And I'll never do anything like that again. Ever."

  I nodded. "I know you won't."

  At this moment, I truly knew nothing could break us apart. Maybe we were a fairytale. But if we weren't, then I wouldn't want a fairytale. Because I wanted Gabriella. For the rest of my life. And I knew from that day forward, that that was exactly what I was going to get.

That's the end guys! I really hope you liked it. And I really want to give a HUGE thanks to everyone who kept commenting, voting, supporting, and best of all, encouraging. You guys mean so much to me and I really hope you liked Broken.