Chapter Seven

***Song that should be played; Million Reason By Lady Gaga 

And Love Yourself By Justin Biber.***

Makenna's POV:

My mind's clouded. I can't think straight. I find myself pressing my lips against his and pulling his body towards mine. Something has ignited inside of me. My body isn't under my control, but the control of the fire in my heart. I still feel it. I felt it two weeks ago- Nothing has changed. What if he is right? What if we did stop falling for a brief time, but something changed when he got back? I told him I hated him, yet here I am: his body ontop of mine, my hands in his hair.

My hands remove themselves from his hair as he fully rests himself above me. My hands slowly go down to the bottom of his shirt, slipping underneath the thin fabric. My hands go up his back, lightly scratching his back as he bites my lip. His right hand clenches into a fist by my head, indicating that he wants to do something, but he's afraid to. I let my hands move to the front of his body, my fingers taking their time as I reach an ab. He didn't have any abs when he left, so something clearly changed. I let my fingers slowly work their way up one set, two sets, and then three. My cheeks flush as Gus pulls back. He grabs the bottom of his shirt and pulls it over his head, tossing it on the floor to next to the bed. He quickly leans back down and presses his lips back to mine. One of his hands is now resting on my hip while the other is still by my head. Gus bites my lip, making me groan. I feel him smile as he silently shushes me. My hands fall off of his back, moving to my shirt. I start to unbutton the first button and then the second button when Gus shifts his weight and moves his left hand. His right hand is on top of my hand, stopping from unbuttoning my shirt. I don't fight him on this one because if someone does walk in, this scene could look really, really bad. Gus pulls back for a moment catching his breath, making me open my eyes. The boy, that's a lie. . . The man hovering above me is nothing like the boy that I used to know. Something has changed; Something completely unrelated to his appearance. His once shaky hand in love and in girls has somehow become stronger. It's not shaking anymore, it's steady.

"Oh. My. God." Someone by the door says.

Gus pulls back from the kiss, slowly climbing off of me. I sit up, fumbling to button back up the two buttons that I unbuttoned. Leaning against the door frame is Gil. I feel the breath caught in my throat, come out in a jagged breath.

"G-Gil, it's not what it looks like." Gus stutters out.

Gil stands in the doorway, glancing out into the fireplace room. He steps into the room, shutting the door behind him. My legs are resting over Gus' lap; I honestly don't know how they got there. My heart races and I can tell that Gil will probably snap at both of us. Gus rests one of his hands on my legs, but I don't pull them back. I'm afraid. I'm afraid that if I move my legs, Gus might get up and leave- not even giving it a second thought. Gil sits down where Ross originally was. He doesn't say anything; He just looks from me to Gus. 

"Gil, it wasn't what it looked like," Gus says again, clearly curious if Gil had heard him the first time. 

"What was it supposed to look like?! You were on top of her, shirtless, and you were kissing her! It looked like you two were about do it! What if Rocky or someone else walked in here?! Gus, what were you thinking?" Gil snaps before he turns his gaze to me. His gaze softens, "Makenna, I'm mainly disappointed in you. What were you thinking?" 

I fall silent. I don't know what I was thinking. Was I looking for some sort of closure? Was I looking for an excuse to try and find a reason to stay with him? Maybe it was because I was trying to silent all the reasons that were reminding me to leave Gus. 

"She wasn't thinking. I wasn't either. Gil, you above all people should know that Makenna and I are meant to be," Gus says standing up so that he's towering over Gil.