prologue

prologue

 -

 "Guilt is a petty feeling. A feeling that holds us all back. Most people are in fear of it, they try everything in their power to stop it from creeping up on them from doing a simple bad thing.

 "Love also falls in the 'petty feelings' category. It is a waste of time and nothing but lies from both the people involved. There is no way one could love with all their heart. The heart isn't even that big for starters. It is the organ that just keeps blood pumping through your body that's about the size of your clenched fist. You can't feel emotion with your heart, it isn't possible," Haidyn told the younger boy who was shaking on the floor. He was beaten and bloody and Haidyn smiled at the fear in his eyes.

 "Wha - what do you want with me?!" his voice was shaking, his body throbbing with pain. The wound in his stomach was bleeding profusely and the boy's vision kept going in and out of focus. He was light headed from blood loss and the colours surrounding him kept going from vivid to dull with his wonky vision.

"What do I want with you?" Haidyn asked, his laugh nearly hysterical and he dropped down his knees to meet the boy's eye level. Haidyn took in a deep breath leisurely with his best psychotic smile. "What do I want with you, James? Hmm, let's see. There's many things that I want from you, not with you. With you would require you survive this, James. It would require that you'd join me in the land of the living, but that's not true. You should really be counting your blessings for as long as you can, love, cause you won't be here for long." James whimpered whilst he looked into Haidyn's cold blue eyes. "Oh, did you really think I'd let you live? James, what happened last night was merely for pleasure, darling, no out of love. I only allowed you to call it "making love" just so it would happen. I do apologise for allowing this little... charade to last this long. See, what did I tell you about love five minutes ago? It's lies coming from both of the people involved... although, my lies were much bigger than yours, but I don't regret telling them. I don't regret telling them because if I hadn't, I wouldn't get the pleasure of watching the life fade from your eyes."

 "I - I mea - meant every word I - I s - said," James stuttered, his chest getting heavier and Haidyn growled under his breath, not wanting the boy to die before he had finished his fun.

 "This will only hurt a lot, babe," he mumbled before digging his fingers into the wound in his victim's stomach. James cried out in agony and his gripped Haidyn's hand, feeling his heart begin to pump faster through the painful adrenaline now running through his veins. "That's better, you'll last longer if I cause you more pain, strangely. You're different than the others. The others would either be dead or passed out right now... but... you're... stronger, somehow. You have more endurance. I wonder why that it... but it won't matter in about ten minutes."

 "Wh - why?" James chocked out, tears streaming down his bloodied face.

 Haidyn smiled again, showing his top teeth. Showing his now elongated canines. James' eyes widened at the sight of them, all the air in his lungs leaving him in the sudden surprise.

James scooted back with the little strength he had, pushing himself backwards in attempt to get away from his vampire attacker. Despite that he knew he had no chance of escaping with his injuries and the fact the Haidyn would be able to catch him in less than three seconds, he still tried anyway. It was the thought that counts. Hopefully.

 "Awe, James. You want to leave me again? I thought we've already established this. You'll leave when you're dead," Haidyn chuckled, sauntering over to where he almost crawled and his foot came down on his foot, hearing the sickening snap and his smile widened as James screamed. "Like music to my ears."