Setting Things in Motion

Comincia dall'inizio

Unfortunately,by the time he had arrived Wilbur was long gone.

"We don't even know how he done it?" one of the guard's said. "We swore we shut down the elevator and all the security cameras caught nothing."

"But he was fine when you had him?" was all Cornelius was concerned about.

"It was just a hologram or something. No way to know if it was him. It probably wasn't even him who broke in?"

That was possible, but Wilbur had clearance to most areas, he knew his son wouldn't have willingly given his fingerprints to someone else. Not only was he a super, but he was also smart and would've outsmarted anyone who tried to get to him.

When Cornelius saw the fried scanner, he couldn't help but smile a bit.His son had resorted to using his powers when he was locked out. No wonder they couldn't figure out how he escaped. It didn't explain how he managed a hologram or how he got through security undetected.

"He did have a friend with him." Someone mentioned. "Some girl."

At that Cornelius raised an eyebrow, but it did put something's in perspective. His son wasn't alone in this had help. But what exactly they were doing, he had no idea.

"You mange to know who this friend was?" Cornelius asked.

"Ahh...looked a lot like that girl that use to be on that show with the dog."

Cornelius looked at him confused. That was so helpful. Not.

*

Location: Metroville, Parr's Residence

The twelve year old Dash made himself as small as possible on the couch.He was hoping that the couch would suck him in and devour him.Anything to escape his parents' scolding looks. Last night, his little stunt had them all mad, but they simply brushed it off. It wasn't until the next morning that they found Violet was gone andDash was their number one culprit.

"One more time, Dash." Bob said once again. "Where's your sister?"

"You can't seriously blame me for her disappearance? All I did was go fora run. That doesn't put me at blame." he tried.

"At midnight?" Helen questioned. "Not only is your sister gone, but so is her suit and some of our equipment. So we know she wasn't kidnapped. Either you tell us where she is right now or you'll be grounded."

"I told her I wouldn't tell." Dash said. "I promised."

Bob and Helen glanced at each other, they did appreciate that their son was only respecting his sister's wishes, but she was also their daughter and were worried about her. Violet had even managed to block out the homing device on her suit so they couldn't find her.

"We know you're only trying to protect your sister, but what will happen if something bad happens to her?" Bob laid a hand on his shoulder.

Dash bit his lip, debating if he should tell. Both options meant he would be helping her, but one would destroy her trust in him and the other would make his parents disappointed.

He had to go for the one that had better chance of their family being back together. There was no other choice.

He took a deep breath before speaking. "All I know is she went to Todayland to help her friends defeat Sansweet." when they gave him a look, he immediately threw his hands in the air. "That's all she told me. I swear! I'm not in trouble anymore, am I?" he asked hopefully.

"You're still in trouble mister for keeping a secret like that from us."Helen told him. "Looks like we'll be heading to Todayland to find our daughter."